Can someone help me sort & pay this outstanding balance

Highlighted
Contributor

Can someone help me sort & pay this outstanding balance

Hi everyone,

I switched carriers (probably should have just switched phones) after being with ATT for years.  That left an outstanding balance of $219.61 I left ATT i think around end of year, so its been a couple months. I dont want to be on bad terms with ATT as I may eventually return & I cant risk damage to my credit report right now as Im in a very difficult situation.  Work slowed down to zero at the beginning of the yeart & I just dont have 219.61 to send ATT.  I just need to send $50 per month and get it paid, but I can't find someone to speak to at ATT to get that ok'd.  The last agent I live chatted with said to contact collections even though i got a bill due Feb 20 from ATT.  Any help would be so much appreciated.  I just need a little time to pay.  That is all.  Thanks.

--coldoutside

Message 1 of 2 (441 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Can someone help me sort & pay this outstanding balance

coldoutside44 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I switched carriers (probably should have just switched phones) after being with ATT for years.  That left an outstanding balance of $219.61 I left ATT i think around end of year, so its been a couple months. I dont want to be on bad terms with ATT as I may eventually return & I cant risk damage to my credit report right now as Im in a very difficult situation.  Work slowed down to zero at the beginning of the yeart & I just dont have 219.61 to send ATT.  I just need to send $50 per month and get it paid, but I can't find someone to speak to at ATT to get that ok'd.  The last agent I live chatted with said to contact collections even though i got a bill due Feb 20 from ATT.  Any help would be so much appreciated.  I just need a little time to pay.  That is all.  Thanks.

--coldoutside

As far as I know, AT&T doesn't make arrangements on Final Bills. That said, they aren't going to turn down money, either. I would just send in the payments as you can. Make sure to keep good records of the payments. 

Since you aren't paying the final bill in full by the due date, it's possible the remaining balance will be sent to a collection agency. If that happens, first, make sure the balance agrees with your records. Second, colleciton agencies are more willing to make arrangements, so that may benefit you. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (395 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.