Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 24, 2014
10:04:23 AM
View profile
Can one person in the family upgrade to AT&T Next?
I want to upgrade to the Samsung S5. I did the math and I would like to do the AT&T Next but only if I get to save $15/$25 a month on my date plan. No one else wants to switch to AT&T Next in my family. Am I still able to switch and save on my plan and not affect them? Or do we all have to be on the same plan?
I want to upgrade to the Samsung S5. I did the math and I would like to do the AT&T Next but only if I get to save $15/$25 a month on my date plan. No one else wants to switch to AT&T Next in my family. Am I still able to switch and save on my plan and not affect them? Or do we all have to be on the same plan?

Can one person in the family upgrade to AT&T Next?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 11:23:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

vj1023 wrote:

You all have to be on the Mobile Share Value plan for you to get the $15/$25 discount. You don't have to do Next on all lines, but keep in mind that only the phones that were on contract prior to 2/4/2014 will be eligible for the same discount. So you need to do the math and make sure it makes sense for all of you.

vj1023 wrote:

You all have to be on the Mobile Share Value plan for you to get the $15/$25 discount. You don't have to do Next on all lines, but keep in mind that only the phones that were on contract prior to 2/4/2014 will be eligible for the same discount. So you need to do the math and make sure it makes sense for all of you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can one person in the family upgrade to AT&T Next?

2 of 4 (558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 4:37:53 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Next is not a service plan. It is a way to buy a phone without a service contract. Yes, you can upgrade via Next and the rest of your family does not have to. However, upgrading via Next does not change your service plan. As dmapr said, in order to get the $15/$25 per line price, you must change your service plan to mobile share. You could drop out of your family plan and get your own mobile share plan but it wouldn't be just $15 or $25. The cost of a 2GB plan for 1 person is $65 ($40 for unlimited talk, text and 2GB + $25 smartphone fee). 

Next is not a service plan. It is a way to buy a phone without a service contract. Yes, you can upgrade via Next and the rest of your family does not have to. However, upgrading via Next does not change your service plan. As dmapr said, in order to get the $15/$25 per line price, you must change your service plan to mobile share. You could drop out of your family plan and get your own mobile share plan but it wouldn't be just $15 or $25. The cost of a 2GB plan for 1 person is $65 ($40 for unlimited talk, text and 2GB + $25 smartphone fee). 

3 of 4 (536 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 10:53:17 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:17:17 PM

To sum it up, you get the discount specifically if that line also has the Mobile Share Value plan
 (viewable here: www.myattrpc.com )

Yes, you can have both the MSV plan + Next on one line only. WIll that save you money? Probably not.

In my experience, the best options to save money are those that have all the line on one plan, usually.

There's some specials ongoing to existing customers switching to the new MSV plans. Consider it.

-Alex

To sum it up, you get the discount specifically if that line also has the Mobile Share Value plan
 (viewable here: www.myattrpc.com )

Yes, you can have both the MSV plan + Next on one line only. WIll that save you money? Probably not.

In my experience, the best options to save money are those that have all the line on one plan, usually.

There's some specials ongoing to existing customers switching to the new MSV plans. Consider it.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (488 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments