Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 17, 2014
5:55:48 AM
View profile
Can not receive text messages from email (phone #).txt.att.net

My wife and I have the same phones (Z222) and the same gophone packages. We can send and receive text messages from each other. However, if an email to text message is send to my phone (phone number.txt.att.net), I do not receive it. This works on my wife's phone. Trying a master reset did not help.

Sending a text message using phone number.mms.att.net also works. Any ideas?

Thanks.

My wife and I have the same phones (Z222) and the same gophone packages. We can send and receive text messages from each other. However, if an email to text message is send to my phone (phone number.txt.att.net), I do not receive it. This works on my wife's phone. Trying a master reset did not help.

Sending a text message using phone number.mms.att.net also works. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Can not receive text messages from email (phone #).txt.att.net

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 9:50:04 AM
(0)
Community Manager

I'm guessing you're trying phonenumber@txt.att.net, right?

To send a text, picture, or video message to an AT&T wireless device from your email:

• Text message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @txt.att.net, for example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.
  • Picture or video message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @mms.att.net, for example, 5551234567@mms.att.net.
  • Don't include dashes or spaces in between the numbers.

You can also try sending a text message from your phone to email and see what address it comes from.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

Dmtiriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I'm guessing you're trying phonenumber@txt.att.net, right?

To send a text, picture, or video message to an AT&T wireless device from your email:

• Text message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @txt.att.net, for example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.
  • Picture or video message: Address your email to the recipient's 10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @mms.att.net, for example, 5551234567@mms.att.net.
  • Don't include dashes or spaces in between the numbers.

You can also try sending a text message from your phone to email and see what address it comes from.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thank you,

Dmtiriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can not receive text messages from email (phone #).txt.att.net

2 of 7 (884 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 8:42:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

Sorry, you are correct. I made a mistake in the address and it was phonenumber@txt.att.net (I guess I needed a second cup of coffee that morning). I haven't tried to send a text message to email yet. I'll see what address comes up.

Thank you for replying to my question.

Al

Sorry, you are correct. I made a mistake in the address and it was phonenumber@txt.att.net (I guess I needed a second cup of coffee that morning). I haven't tried to send a text message to email yet. I'll see what address comes up.

Thank you for replying to my question.

Al

3 of 7 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 9:17:20 AM
(0)
Community Manager

You're welcome, let us know what happens and if you need more help, we'll figure it out.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

You're welcome, let us know what happens and if you need more help, we'll figure it out.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2015 7:07:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having this same problem, and have tried calling AT&T support, but still have not been able to resolve it.  I can receive mms messages sent to <number>@mms.att.com.  I can also send txt messages to an email, which come up as being sent from <number>@txt.att.com.  But if I try to reply to that message or send a new email to <number>@txt.att.com, I never receive the message.  No error email is sent back, so the message seems as though it is sent correctly, but I never receive it.  I've tried from two different email address, and have also tried setting up an alias and sending to <alias>@txt.att.com, but same results each time.  Any ideas?

Carrie

I am having this same problem, and have tried calling AT&T support, but still have not been able to resolve it.  I can receive mms messages sent to <number>@mms.att.com.  I can also send txt messages to an email, which come up as being sent from <number>@txt.att.com.  But if I try to reply to that message or send a new email to <number>@txt.att.com, I never receive the message.  No error email is sent back, so the message seems as though it is sent correctly, but I never receive it.  I've tried from two different email address, and have also tried setting up an alias and sending to <alias>@txt.att.com, but same results each time.  Any ideas?

Carrie

5 of 7 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2015 7:18:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Sorry, should have said <number>@txt.att.net.  This is the address that I have been trying, still not working.

Carrie

Sorry, should have said <number>@txt.att.net.  This is the address that I have been trying, still not working.

Carrie

6 of 7 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2015 5:52:54 PM
(0)
Contributor

I sent a message from my hotmail account to my att number@txt.att.net and I got it but when i send it from another email address that I have I never receive the text on my phone.

Then I sent a text from my phone to that other email. it makes it mms not txt but i got it on my email. when I replied to it ,I did nto get anything on my phone.  

what is happening?

do you block certain email providers? 

Please HELP!

I sent a message from my hotmail account to my att number@txt.att.net and I got it but when i send it from another email address that I have I never receive the text on my phone.

Then I sent a text from my phone to that other email. it makes it mms not txt but i got it on my email. when I replied to it ,I did nto get anything on my phone.  

what is happening?

do you block certain email providers? 

Please HELP!

7 of 7 (360 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments