Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2013
10:25:48 PM
View profile
Can my Iphone 4S unlocked use data package without connecting to wifi?

I had an Iphone 4S unlocked. I'm using pre-paid sims card (go phone) with $25/month plan. What makes me confused right now is that wether or not my iphone 4S unlocked can use data package without connecting to wifi. Some staffs from ATT services told me that I can't use data on iphone or blackberry unlocked even though I change plan or buy data package, I have to connect wifi, which is really inconvenient.

I had an Iphone 4S unlocked. I'm using pre-paid sims card (go phone) with $25/month plan. What makes me confused right now is that wether or not my iphone 4S unlocked can use data package without connecting to wifi. Some staffs from ATT services told me that I can't use data on iphone or blackberry unlocked even though I change plan or buy data package, I have to connect wifi, which is really inconvenient.

Can my Iphone 4S unlocked use data package without connecting to wifi?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 2:20:01 AM
(0)
Professor

AT&T doesn't support data on an iPhone using a prepaid SIM.  There are ways to make it work that you can search for, but they aren't officially supported by AT&T.

AT&T doesn't support data on an iPhone using a prepaid SIM.  There are ways to make it work that you can search for, but they aren't officially supported by AT&T.

Re: Can my Iphone 4S unlocked use data package without connecting to wifi?

2 of 6 (1,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2013 6:01:01 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm looking everywhere on google, and seems the solutions are so confused. Can anyone help me point out the most effective way to use Iphone 4 unlock with data package? I already try to buy $5 data package, but my Iphone keeps saying that "no internet connection".

I'm looking everywhere on google, and seems the solutions are so confused. Can anyone help me point out the most effective way to use Iphone 4 unlock with data package? I already try to buy $5 data package, but my Iphone keeps saying that "no internet connection".

3 of 6 (1,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2013 8:00:10 AM
(0)
Guru

The only legitimate way to use data on an iPhone is to add a supported data plan. They are currently 300mb for $20, 3GB for $30 or 5GB for $50. You will have to use Google to learn about unsupported ways to use data. No one here can tell you how to do it.

daominhn wrote:

The only legitimate way to use data on an iPhone is to add a supported data plan. They are currently 300mb for $20, 3GB for $30 or 5GB for $50. You will have to use Google to learn about unsupported ways to use data. No one here can tell you how to do it.

daominhn wrote:

4 of 6 (1,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 5:52:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
My iPhone 5 is a unlocked one, when I got to AT&T, the stuff also told me that even if I brought a plan with a data package, I could not use data only phone calls and text. Is there any way for me to use data?
My iPhone 5 is a unlocked one, when I got to AT&T, the stuff also told me that even if I brought a plan with a data package, I could not use data only phone calls and text. Is there any way for me to use data?

5 of 6 (612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 6:00:03 PM
(0)
Expert

HenLiu wrote:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

60.00 smartphone plan will work

HenLiu wrote:

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

60.00 smartphone plan will work

6 of 6 (609 Views)