Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 17, 2013
6:24:36 PM
View profile
Can I turn off text messaging?

I am using a pre-paid GoPhone.  I do not want to receive any text messages (especially since I have to pay for them).  Is there any way I can turn off all text messaging?

I am using a pre-paid GoPhone.  I do not want to receive any text messages (especially since I have to pay for them).  Is there any way I can turn off all text messaging?

Can I turn off text messaging?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 6:28:12 PM
(0)
Expert

dickflanagan wrote:

I know you can on regualr accounts, not sure on go-phones

dickflanagan wrote:

I know you can on regualr accounts, not sure on go-phones

Re: Can I turn off text messaging?

2 of 6 (8,166 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 10:53:59 AM
(0)
Contributor
How would I do it on a regular account. This Go-Phone is the only AT&T
product I own so I am unfamiliar with the process.

3 of 6 (8,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 11:43:57 AM
(0)
Expert

dickflanagan wrote:

If you have a regular 2 yr contract account you call into customer service and request a text block on the phone number

dickflanagan wrote:

If you have a regular 2 yr contract account you call into customer service and request a text block on the phone number

4 of 6 (8,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 1:24:04 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi dickflanagan, welcome to the forum, this is a very good question! Text messages (as well as data) can be disabled on go phones, to do that you need to speak to someone from customer service, just dial 611 from your cell (free call!) and follow prompts to get a rep (first set of options, say "more options", then "representative" to get to a rep), they'll take care of it for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi dickflanagan, welcome to the forum, this is a very good question! Text messages (as well as data) can be disabled on go phones, to do that you need to speak to someone from customer service, just dial 611 from your cell (free call!) and follow prompts to get a rep (first set of options, say "more options", then "representative" to get to a rep), they'll take care of it for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (8,090 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 2:33:01 PM
(0)
Expert

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

this is good to know, will file for future reference

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Thanks,

Dmitriy.

this is good to know, will file for future reference

6 of 6 (8,083 Views)