Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2012
12:38:37 PM
View profile
Can I temporarily disable texting ?

My son's school does not want cell phone use during school hours. Can I disable text messages during school hours ?

My son's school does not want cell phone use during school hours. Can I disable text messages during school hours ?

Can I temporarily disable texting ?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2012 12:41:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

He has an I phone 4

He has an I phone 4

Re: Can I temporarily disable texting ?

2 of 13 (17,846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2012 1:08:23 PM
(0)
Professor

3 of 13 (17,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2012 1:15:04 PM
(0)
Guru
Smart limits won't completely stop text messages. He will still be able to receive texts. I don't think there is anything that will disable text messages for a certain time period.
Smart limits won't completely stop text messages. He will still be able to receive texts. I don't think there is anything that will disable text messages for a certain time period.

4 of 13 (17,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2012 8:32:14 PM
(0)
Guru

Facci wrote:

No...Smart Limits allows you to choose specific times when a person can or cannot recieve messages.

Facci wrote:

No...Smart Limits allows you to choose specific times when a person can or cannot recieve messages.

Experience the Underlyingsound.

5 of 13 (17,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 4:07:12 AM
(0)
Guru

Underlyingsound wrote:

Facci wrote:

I had it on my son's phone because he was up till 3am texting on school nights and it did NOT work!! He could not send texts but people could still text him and he could not call but people could and did call him.

Underlyingsound wrote:

Facci wrote:

I had it on my son's phone because he was up till 3am texting on school nights and it did NOT work!! He could not send texts but people could still text him and he could not call but people could and did call him.

6 of 13 (17,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 12:24:06 PM
(0)
Guru
Tell your child "No TxTing" during school. If he/she doesn't comply, TAKE their phone away for a period of time. YOU are the parent. your child should OBEY you. It's called PARENTING.
Tell your child "No TxTing" during school. If he/she doesn't comply, TAKE their phone away for a period of time. YOU are the parent. your child should OBEY you. It's called PARENTING.

7 of 13 (17,725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:01:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

you are brilliant.  noone ever thought of that i'm sure.

you are brilliant.  noone ever thought of that i'm sure.

8 of 13 (14,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:37:31 AM
(0)
Expert

Facci wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Facci wrote:

It's kind of flakey on a iphone with the imessage app, since imessage does not normally use SMS but data when communicatiing with another iphone with the app.

Facci wrote:

Underlyingsound wrote:

Facci wrote:

It's kind of flakey on a iphone with the imessage app, since imessage does not normally use SMS but data when communicatiing with another iphone with the app.

9 of 13 (14,824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:50:42 AM
(0)
Guru
This was before he had an iPhone. Hopefully they made changes to Smart Limits but it was not worth the $5 a month. It didn't work the way it was supposed to work.
This was before he had an iPhone. Hopefully they made changes to Smart Limits but it was not worth the $5 a month. It didn't work the way it was supposed to work.

10 of 13 (14,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 10:25:36 PM
(0)
Contributor
The child is not a dog it is a human, humans are there own people they don't OBEY, they have every right to make their own choices. it's called pushing the child away by trying to have control over them it's an approach that does not work and only backfires.
The child is not a dog it is a human, humans are there own people they don't OBEY, they have every right to make their own choices. it's called pushing the child away by trying to have control over them it's an approach that does not work and only backfires.

11 of 13 (9,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 5:53:50 AM
(0)
Professor

It's called making the child responsible for his own actions and paying the consequences when he doesn't follow the rules.

It's called making the child responsible for his own actions and paying the consequences when he doesn't follow the rules.

12 of 13 (9,201 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 1:28:06 PM
(0)
Scholar
Really Cody?!? I'd hate to see how your kids behave!

If more people had your attitude, Max, kids would be much better behaved and respectful.
Really Cody?!? I'd hate to see how your kids behave!

If more people had your attitude, Max, kids would be much better behaved and respectful.

13 of 13 (9,151 Views)