Can I have 2 nano-sims for the same phone number, and they would work in the same time?

Contributor

Can I have 2 nano-sims for the same phone number, and they would work in the same time?

I'd like to have 2 devices, but don't really want to sacrifice the hardware by opening the sim tray daily.

Can AT&T create another nanosim for the same number? how would it work when I get messages and calls?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (6,960 Views)
Expert

Re: Can I have 2 nano-sims for the same phone number, and they would work in the same time?

U29475265 wrote:

I'd like to have 2 devices, but don't really want to sacrifice the hardware by opening the sim tray daily.

Can AT&T create another nanosim for the same number? how would it work when I get messages and calls?

Thanks!

somehow I doubt that, you get 2 phones on the same number with 1 free

Message 2 of 9 (6,942 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Can I have 2 nano-sims for the same phone number, and they would work in the same time?

U29475265 wrote:

Thanks!

While some Euuropean carriers support this (or at least supported in the past), none of the US carriers allow that. One SIM per line, when you activate a new one the old one gets deactivated.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9 (6,935 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the info, and switching sims between devices daily may cause any issue with the carrier ?

(If both devices purchased and registered though AT&T)

Message 4 of 9 (6,933 Views)
Expert

U29475265 wrote:

Thanks for the info, and switching sims between devices daily may cause any issue with the carrier ?

(If both devices purchased and registered though AT&T)

every time you switch what ever features are unique to the device will be pro-rated on your bill - like a data plan for a iphone to a data plan for a android

Message 5 of 9 (6,897 Views)
Contributor

Thanks, so what do you recommend me to do in order to have 1 phone number and 2 different devices (Android and iPhone) that I'd like to switch between (means never have both operating the same time) ?

Message 6 of 9 (6,882 Views)
ACE - Expert

U29475265 wrote:

Thanks, so what do you recommend me to do in order to have 1 phone number and 2 different devices (Android and iPhone) that I'd like to switch between (means never have both operating the same time) ?

I've just moved my SIM between Android, iPhone, Windows Phone and will try Blackberry when it charges up enough. Unfortunately I'm right in the middle of my billing cycle so I won't know right away if anything has been prorated but every time I moved the SIM everything (including internet) worked without my having to change anything, so chances are there won't be anything on my bill.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9 (6,878 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Here's the blackberry update: while AT&T has detected that my SIM was in the blackberry and presented the BB data plans, it did not change the plan for me automatically, so there should be no proration occurring and it should be safe to move the SIM between smartphones.

Message 8 of 9 (6,873 Views)
Scholar

THAT is exactly what I want to do.  my BB needs a micro sym card, though.  I actually would use it most of the time, while I am still on contract FOREVERMORE, and when I'm off contract, well i'll probably do exactly what i'm doing now except I would use the BB instead of the LG as my phone.

I would rather use the LG as a mini browser than a phone.  as a phone it sucks in so many ways.  I guess I could use 1 sym card with an adapter.  it sure would be nice, though, if atnt would allow me to just have a 'backup' micro card, and be allowed to switch out back and forth depending on what kind of phone I need.  

LG is great for being a browser in your pocket, and Blackberry is great for being a kick @$$ phone that you can make | answer calls with WITHOUT pushing the WRONG button and accidentally cutting people off or accidentally calling them, plus the speaker and microphone (on the LG) are so low-grade its hard to hear people and hard for them to hear me.  I also despise the 'smart eye' thing that blackens out my screen while I am trying to use the phone if it cant clearly see my eyeballs

other than being a crappy phone its a great device, meanwhile I have a loooooong contract on this thing.

payng too much for good quality service is one thing, and if I'm willing I'm willing, but paying big BIG extra bucks for what you DONT want just to get what you do  want is so over the top.  Where I live atnt is the only provider who can give me what I want.

so, WHY NOT let a person use two syms for two phones for one phone number?  money's the same customer gets what they want to pay for.

I like this idea better than waiting around for another year and a half and then some.

AT&T, why not take this under review?

Message 9 of 9 (6,287 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.