Can I change the number on my GoPhone without losing my balance?

Contributor

Can I change the number on my GoPhone without losing my balance?

I'd like to give my current iPhone (which has GoPhone service) to my wife, who has an old flip phone (which happens to be on Virgin Mobile, in case that makes a difference).  Can I move her number to the iPhone without losing the balance in my GoPhone account?

Message 1 of 4 (435 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Can I change the number on my GoPhone without losing my balance?

Don’t get me wrong.Virgin Mobile are under Verizon in USA??

And your phone will not work on AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (403 Views)
Master

lagbolt wrote:

I'd like to give my current iPhone (which has GoPhone service) to my wife, who has an old flip phone (which happens to be on Virgin Mobile, in case that makes a difference).  Can I move her number to the iPhone without losing the balance in my GoPhone account?

Yes, you should be able to do this. She will need a microSIM card and will also need to activate a new GoPhone account to use your iPhone, which you can take care of at any AT&T corporate store. The employees there should also be able to port her phone number over from Virgin Mobile. 

Your balance and other account information should remain intact. All information is held within your own individual SIM card.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4 (394 Views)
Highlighted
Master

adidaskid808 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong.Virgin Mobile are under Verizon in USA??

And your phone will not work on AT&T.

Virgin Mobile is an affiliate of Sprint. 

Correct, the OP's wife will not be able to use her existing flip phone with AT&T's service, but she should be able to use his current iPhone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (393 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.