Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2013
12:24:30 PM
View profile
Can I buy data package for Iphone 4s?

I am using Iphone 4s with $25 plan and I am thinking to buy a package. I read some of the posted and they have a problem when they bought a package so I want to ask someone to make sure before I buy tha package for my iphone.

Thank you

I am using Iphone 4s with $25 plan and I am thinking to buy a package. I read some of the posted and they have a problem when they bought a package so I want to ask someone to make sure before I buy tha package for my iphone.

Thank you

Can I buy data package for Iphone 4s?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 2:55:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

I bought a 1GB package for $25 last month. Went to renew, and now that option isn't available to me. I get a message saying I must upgrade to the $40/mo SmartPhone plan to buy a 1GB package (or even a 100MB package). The only package available to me is 50MB for $5 Smiley Sad

What changed? Why was it OK to buy that package last month, but not now? I haven't received any notice of an update to my terms.

I bought a 1GB package for $25 last month. Went to renew, and now that option isn't available to me. I get a message saying I must upgrade to the $40/mo SmartPhone plan to buy a 1GB package (or even a 100MB package). The only package available to me is 50MB for $5 Smiley Sad

What changed? Why was it OK to buy that package last month, but not now? I haven't received any notice of an update to my terms.

Re: Can I buy data package for Iphone 4s?

2 of 6 (438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:42:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

kjller147 wrote:

Thank you

Since AT&T officially started supporting the use of iPhones on GoPhone plans as of a month ago, data should be able to work without any issues on your iPhone. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Besides, the $5 50MB data package is now the only data package available for purchase according to your plan terms, so even if it doesn't end up working, you would only be out $5. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

kjller147 wrote:

Thank you

Since AT&T officially started supporting the use of iPhones on GoPhone plans as of a month ago, data should be able to work without any issues on your iPhone. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Besides, the $5 50MB data package is now the only data package available for purchase according to your plan terms, so even if it doesn't end up working, you would only be out $5. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:47:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Errant wrote:

You're not the only person that this has happened to. It stinks and is completely unfair. I guess AT&T just decided to "update" their prepaid plans again to probably "accommodate the needs of their customers better." You're right, they should have notified you before they decided to pull the plug on the other data packages.

If you are still interested in using prepaid data packages, unfortunately, your only option is to purchase the $5 50MB increments in however many sets/chunks you think you may need. Smiley Sad

Errant wrote:

You're not the only person that this has happened to. It stinks and is completely unfair. I guess AT&T just decided to "update" their prepaid plans again to probably "accommodate the needs of their customers better." You're right, they should have notified you before they decided to pull the plug on the other data packages.

If you are still interested in using prepaid data packages, unfortunately, your only option is to purchase the $5 50MB increments in however many sets/chunks you think you may need. Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (360 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 9:29:00 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks, Banchi!

I did go ahead and purchase the $5/50MB package. For whatever reason, I'm unable to send picture texts, now. Even when connected to wifi. I guess that changed without notification, as well?

I rarely use my iPhone as a phone, and usually have wireless available. It sucks that they would try to force me to upgrade to a more expensive account for the few times I need data but don't have access to wifi Smiley Sad

I guess it's time to start searching for another prepaid carrier. Is there one that will let me use my iPhone?

Thanks, Banchi!

I did go ahead and purchase the $5/50MB package. For whatever reason, I'm unable to send picture texts, now. Even when connected to wifi. I guess that changed without notification, as well?

I rarely use my iPhone as a phone, and usually have wireless available. It sucks that they would try to force me to upgrade to a more expensive account for the few times I need data but don't have access to wifi Smiley Sad

I guess it's time to start searching for another prepaid carrier. Is there one that will let me use my iPhone?

5 of 6 (279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 11:48:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome!

Are you running iOS 6 or newer in your iPhone? When I updated my software from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6 back in September, I was not able to send/receive picture messages via text. I could exchange them over iMessage, I just couldn't send them to non-Apple users. About a week and a half ago, I found out that I AM now able to send/receive them again, probably since AT&T has now "officially" authorized the use of iPhones on prepaid GoPhone plans. We're you able to send/receive them before you bought your new data package?

And if you're considering moving to another carrier, try T-Mobile or Straight Talk. You will have to unlock your phone to use it with these carriers if it is not unlocked already.

You're welcome!

Are you running iOS 6 or newer in your iPhone? When I updated my software from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6 back in September, I was not able to send/receive picture messages via text. I could exchange them over iMessage, I just couldn't send them to non-Apple users. About a week and a half ago, I found out that I AM now able to send/receive them again, probably since AT&T has now "officially" authorized the use of iPhones on prepaid GoPhone plans. We're you able to send/receive them before you bought your new data package?

And if you're considering moving to another carrier, try T-Mobile or Straight Talk. You will have to unlock your phone to use it with these carriers if it is not unlocked already.

6 of 6 (265 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments