Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2013
11:19:06 PM
Can AT&T charge me for data if I'm using a dumb phone?
Edited by Resident Male on Jun 30, 2013 at 11:26:04 PM

If I buy a smartphone as an upgrade (and renew my contract), I'm going to have to pay for a DataPro package. Let's say I suddenly don't think that data is a necessity. Can I switch the smartphone out with a gophone or GSM dumbphone during the duration of my contract and not have to pay for data while still retaining the smartphone (albiet without cellular service)? Will I incur any additional charges by doing this?

If I buy a smartphone as an upgrade (and renew my contract), I'm going to have to pay for a DataPro package. Let's say I suddenly don't think that data is a necessity. Can I switch the smartphone out with a gophone or GSM dumbphone during the duration of my contract and not have to pay for data while still retaining the smartphone (albiet without cellular service)? Will I incur any additional charges by doing this?

Can AT&T charge me for data if I'm using a dumb phone?

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 5:33:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, AT&T will allow you to drop the data plan if you go back to a "dumb phone". Be careful if you upgrade the phone through a reseller (Wirefly, Amazon, etc), they have additional contract requirements so if you change your plan, it may trigger a fee.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Yes, AT&T will allow you to drop the data plan if you go back to a "dumb phone". Be careful if you upgrade the phone through a reseller (Wirefly, Amazon, etc), they have additional contract requirements so if you change your plan, it may trigger a fee.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can AT&T charge me for data if I'm using a dumb phone?

2 of 2 (527 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments