Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 17, 2014
12:18:29 PM
View profile
Caller ID still displays account holder's name?

Hello.  I went to the AT&T store yesterday and purchased a new phone.  I also requested that my name be attached to the number, so that it displays my name on my family and friends' land line caller IDs instead of the account holder.  I forgot to request that while at the store yesterday.  So, I called back and the same guy who assisted me with my phone purchase helped me do the name display change.  However, when i tried to call myself yesterday and today, it still displays the account holder's name attached to my number.  Could I just call back and see if I can get this fixed?

Hello.  I went to the AT&T store yesterday and purchased a new phone.  I also requested that my name be attached to the number, so that it displays my name on my family and friends' land line caller IDs instead of the account holder.  I forgot to request that while at the store yesterday.  So, I called back and the same guy who assisted me with my phone purchase helped me do the name display change.  However, when i tried to call myself yesterday and today, it still displays the account holder's name attached to my number.  Could I just call back and see if I can get this fixed?

Caller ID still displays account holder's name?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 2:30:12 AM
(0)
Employee

You can actually verify that the change has been completed correctly through your online account.  In addition to this you should note that a change of caller id can take up to 72 hours (not including weekends) and that anyone who you've called previously may have to purge your name from their caller id record for the name to appear correctly.  Here is a support article on it describing what I've said and where you can ensure the resolution in your online account.

You can actually verify that the change has been completed correctly through your online account.  In addition to this you should note that a change of caller id can take up to 72 hours (not including weekends) and that anyone who you've called previously may have to purge your name from their caller id record for the name to appear correctly.  Here is a support article on it describing what I've said and where you can ensure the resolution in your online account.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Caller ID still displays account holder's name?

2 of 4 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 10:16:56 AM
(0)
Teacher

Okay.  Thank you very much for the information and for the link to the support article.

Okay.  Thank you very much for the information and for the link to the support article.

3 of 4 (578 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 7:59:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Also please note, it's up to 72 hours within AT&T's wireless and landline systems, but some other landline carriers only sync their data base with AT&T once every few months and the delay in the name change may occur because of that.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Also please note, it's up to 72 hours within AT&T's wireless and landline systems, but some other landline carriers only sync their data base with AT&T once every few months and the delay in the name change may occur because of that.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (502 Views)