CANCEL GOPHONE SERVICE -- URGENT HELP

Tutor

CANCEL GOPHONE SERVICE -- URGENT HELP

Hey, long story short. I'm tired of GoPhones poor customer service and poor rate plans for the money. I want to cancel my GoPhone account. My expiration date is tomorrow for my balance.

I removed my credit card from the account. I am on the $25 monthly plan, but it is not set to autopay. 

Once my account is deleted/removed I plan on destroying my SIM card/Stowing it and giving the phone for my mother to use. AT&T is good for her because she talks very little. 

I will not be coming back to AT&T, long story short. I need my current account transferred so I can switch her SIM card into my phone. Customer service is no help, all the GoPhone numbers are just automated.

If I do not refill my balance-- will it just expire automatically? I do not want any of this to affect my credit. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4

Re: CANCEL GOPHONE SERVICE -- URGENT HELP

kortzy1 wrote:

Hey, long story short. I'm tired of GoPhones poor customer service and poor rate plans for the money. I want to cancel my GoPhone account. My expiration date is tomorrow for my balance.

I removed my credit card from the account. I am on the $25 monthly plan, but it is not set to autopay. 

Once my account is deleted/removed I plan on destroying my SIM card/Stowing it and giving the phone for my mother to use. AT&T is good for her because she talks very little. 

I will not be coming back to AT&T, long story short. I need my current account transferred so I can switch her SIM card into my phone. Customer service is no help, all the GoPhone numbers are just automated.

If I do not refill my balance-- will it just expire automatically? I do not want any of this to affect my credit. Thanks. 

It is prepaid and you can quit whenever you want.  Just don't replenish the airtime and the account will eventually disappear.  It will not affect your credit.

You should be able to put your mother's SIM card into your phone and it should work without problems.  If you really need to speak to their lousy customer service, just keep saying "customer service" to the recording.  They will eventually transfer you.  

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

How on earth can a prepaid Gophone be cancelled from outside USA please?? I've spent over 4 hours trying to make contact but getting nowhere. The phone numbers I've been given don't work internationally and there's nowhere on the website to make the cancellation of the sim ,which is required only for a month, spasmodically. I'm wishing I'd never bought the jolly thing!!
Message 3 of 4
Expert

Grabba wrote:
How on earth can a prepaid Gophone be cancelled from outside USA please?? I've spent over 4 hours trying to make contact but getting nowhere. The phone numbers I've been given don't work internationally and there's nowhere on the website to make the cancellation of the sim ,which is required only for a month, spasmodically. I'm wishing I'd never bought the jolly thing!!

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support team. They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support