Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 17, 2013
8:29:28 PM
View profile
Bully Texts

I need to know if i can print out text messages through At&t text messages from my 10 years old sons phone> He is being bullied at school and deleting messages from his phone because hes scared.

I need to know if i can print out text messages through At&t text messages from my 10 years old sons phone> He is being bullied at school and deleting messages from his phone because hes scared.

Bully Texts

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2013 5:18:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Which phone?

If it's a windows phone 8 device, sms messages may optionally be backed up in the linked microsoft outlook.com web site.

Which phone?

If it's a windows phone 8 device, sms messages may optionally be backed up in the linked microsoft outlook.com web site.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Bully Texts

2 of 8 (11,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2013 11:17:58 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Stephen570 on Jun 19, 2013 at 11:18:38 AM

johninsj wrote:

Which phone?

The text messages are backed up; however, they are not accessible from any website. They are backed up so they will restore to a new phone (or a wiped phone). If the text message is deleted on the phone it will also be deleted from the backup in the cloud.

If you need to get copies of the texts you will need to make sure your child doesn't delete them. On a WP8 device you can take a screenshot (press the power button and Windows/Home button at the same time). Or, it just might be easier to take a pic or video of the text messages using another camera or phone.

Good luck with dealing with the bully.

johninsj wrote:

Which phone?

The text messages are backed up; however, they are not accessible from any website. They are backed up so they will restore to a new phone (or a wiped phone). If the text message is deleted on the phone it will also be deleted from the backup in the cloud.

If you need to get copies of the texts you will need to make sure your child doesn't delete them. On a WP8 device you can take a screenshot (press the power button and Windows/Home button at the same time). Or, it just might be easier to take a pic or video of the text messages using another camera or phone.

Good luck with dealing with the bully.

[ Edited ]
3 of 8 (11,437 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 5:47:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Stephen570 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

Which phone?

The text messages are backed up; however, they are not accessible from any website.

Actually, in windows 8 you can see old sms messages on the user's linked micrsoft account in hotmail, if the "backup SMS messages" option is enabled

Log into outlook.com with the phone's microsoft account, click Message History on the left side, and then add &as=1 to the end of the URL in the address bar and press return. You'll see the SMS messages you've sent/reciveved - this isn't a supported feature of outlook.com, but you can (sometimes!) see what you're looking for there.

Stephen570 wrote:

johninsj wrote:

Which phone?

The text messages are backed up; however, they are not accessible from any website.

Actually, in windows 8 you can see old sms messages on the user's linked micrsoft account in hotmail, if the "backup SMS messages" option is enabled

Log into outlook.com with the phone's microsoft account, click Message History on the left side, and then add &as=1 to the end of the URL in the address bar and press return. You'll see the SMS messages you've sent/reciveved - this isn't a supported feature of outlook.com, but you can (sometimes!) see what you're looking for there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (11,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 2:08:33 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Stephen570 on Jul 1, 2013 at 2:09:27 PM

Interesting. Where did you find out about this?

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (11,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 5:45:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Stephen570 wrote:

On  another windows phone forum. It seems to be a feature that Microsoft isn't quite sure they want to expose - but the SMS messages are backed up/restored when you move to a new device, so they are clearly saved off device. There just isn't any "offical" support for viewing them.

Stephen570 wrote:

On  another windows phone forum. It seems to be a feature that Microsoft isn't quite sure they want to expose - but the SMS messages are backed up/restored when you move to a new device, so they are clearly saved off device. There just isn't any "offical" support for viewing them.

6 of 8 (11,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 12:40:28 PM
(0)
Explorer

If you don't mind me asking, which forum? Others might be interested as well.

7 of 8 (11,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 1:27:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Stephen570 wrote:

Windows Phone Central. Link to the discussion:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/225574-wow-look-view-text-message-backup-outlook.html

Stephen570 wrote:

Windows Phone Central. Link to the discussion:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/225574-wow-look-view-text-message-backup-outlook.html

8 of 8 (11,090 Views)