Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 13, 2013
11:43:42 PM
View profile
Broken phone. How do you replace?
Edited by Taylarie on Nov 14, 2013 at 6:11:04 AM

I have a go phone I dropped and shattered the screen I got insurance on it but lost the receipt how do I replace the phone please help

I have a go phone I dropped and shattered the screen I got insurance on it but lost the receipt how do I replace the phone please help

Broken phone. How do you replace?

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 5:24:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
You shouldn't need the receipt to get an insurance replacement. Just contact the insurer and they will take care of the rest.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
You shouldn't need the receipt to get an insurance replacement. Just contact the insurer and they will take care of the rest.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Broken phone. How do you replace?

2 of 8 (787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 8:35:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have a Nokia 520 and was improperly prying off the back cover and cracked the screen (glass digitizer).  The phone image was ok but the touch screen would not work.  I found a video on Youtube on how to change the screen.  A replacement screen on Ebay was $15 shipped.  I had it changed in 15 minutes.  

Other phones may not be as easy or as cheap to fix but just wanted to toss this info out if you have insurance issues.

I have a Nokia 520 and was improperly prying off the back cover and cracked the screen (glass digitizer).  The phone image was ok but the touch screen would not work.  I found a video on Youtube on how to change the screen.  A replacement screen on Ebay was $15 shipped.  I had it changed in 15 minutes.  

Other phones may not be as easy or as cheap to fix but just wanted to toss this info out if you have insurance issues.

3 of 8 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 8:52:39 AM
(0)
Mentor
I also replaced my iPhone LCD for about $20 and 30 min of my time. Certainly beats the $200 deductible Asurion will charge for a low quality used phone that may not even match your original.
I also replaced my iPhone LCD for about $20 and 30 min of my time. Certainly beats the $200 deductible Asurion will charge for a low quality used phone that may not even match your original.

4 of 8 (760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 9:04:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

kpryan1982 wrote:

Note that the LCD and the clear glass digitizer are two different parts.  On the Nokia 520 both are fairly cheap and easy to get to on my phone.  I read that when there are cracks, if the image is good but the touch screen won't work that the LCD is probably ok.  

kpryan1982 wrote:

Note that the LCD and the clear glass digitizer are two different parts.  On the Nokia 520 both are fairly cheap and easy to get to on my phone.  I read that when there are cracks, if the image is good but the touch screen won't work that the LCD is probably ok.  

5 of 8 (755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 5:13:03 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yes I knew it was the LCD that was broken in my case. Advice to OP would be figure out what's wrong through trouble shooting before you try to fix anything. I was just giving an example of my own experience.
Yes I knew it was the LCD that was broken in my case. Advice to OP would be figure out what's wrong through trouble shooting before you try to fix anything. I was just giving an example of my own experience.

6 of 8 (727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 7:10:30 AM
(0)
Employee

AT&T doesn't offer Mobile Insurance on GoPhone's.  You can only get insurance through AT&T on your device if you have a Postpaid Plan.

"Most AT&T wireless phones and devices qualify for AT&T Mobile Insurance coverage. However, AT&T Mobile Insurance is not available on prepaid rate plans (GoPhone)."

AT&T doesn't offer Mobile Insurance on GoPhone's.  You can only get insurance through AT&T on your device if you have a Postpaid Plan.

"Most AT&T wireless phones and devices qualify for AT&T Mobile Insurance coverage. However, AT&T Mobile Insurance is not available on prepaid rate plans (GoPhone)."

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (683 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 9:58:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

Your insurance should be attached to that phones serial number, so you should be able to call your insurance, and give them that phones serial number.

Your insurance should be attached to that phones serial number, so you should be able to call your insurance, and give them that phones serial number.

8 of 8 (396 Views)