Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 23, 2012
1:19:04 PM
View profile
Blocking - "blocked" numbers that call you.

I have an Iphone 4s, and I recently have received a few "blocked" calls.  Is there a way that I can block these numbers from calling me.  I've heard of others that have a recording that says "this number does not accept blocked calls. If you'd like to contact this person please" type in your number or something like that.  Is that possible with AT&T?  Bottom line I don't want blocked numbers to be able to call me.  Blocked or Unknown numbers.  How can I make this happen?

Thanks!!

sbs

I have an Iphone 4s, and I recently have received a few "blocked" calls.  Is there a way that I can block these numbers from calling me.  I've heard of others that have a recording that says "this number does not accept blocked calls. If you'd like to contact this person please" type in your number or something like that.  Is that possible with AT&T?  Bottom line I don't want blocked numbers to be able to call me.  Blocked or Unknown numbers.  How can I make this happen?

Thanks!!

sbs

Blocking - "blocked" numbers that call you.

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 5:00:18 PM
(0)
Master

Not built into the iPhone but check out ATT's smart limits and see if it gives you any help in this area??????  I think it is something like $5/mo

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Not built into the iPhone but check out ATT's smart limits and see if it gives you any help in this area??????  I think it is something like $5/mo

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Blocking - "blocked" numbers that call you.

2 of 9 (29,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 7:37:56 PM
(0)
Guru
There's an app called youmail that does it and it's free.

3 of 9 (29,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 7:50:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

thanks! Hopefully that will work!!

thanks! Hopefully that will work!!

4 of 9 (28,996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2013 10:28:56 PM
(0)
Contributor
What is the name of the app?
What is the name of the app?

5 of 9 (17,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 3:48:52 AM
(0)
Professor

Facci wrote:

It looks like that app only stops them from leaving voicemail, it doesn't stop them from calling in the first place.  Correct?

Facci wrote:

It looks like that app only stops them from leaving voicemail, it doesn't stop them from calling in the first place.  Correct?

6 of 9 (17,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 6:09:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

sspeer72 wrote:

Thanks!!

sbs

There is one way that might work.  iOS has a feature where you can set "do not call" times, with the exception of people in your contact list.  You can set that time to 24x7.  This way the only calls that would come through would be those in your contact list.  Now the callers would have the option of leaving voice mail, but if you're getting robot calls, most hang up if they don't receive a live person.

sspeer72 wrote:

Thanks!!

sbs

There is one way that might work.  iOS has a feature where you can set "do not call" times, with the exception of people in your contact list.  You can set that time to 24x7.  This way the only calls that would come through would be those in your contact list.  Now the callers would have the option of leaving voice mail, but if you're getting robot calls, most hang up if they don't receive a live person.

7 of 9 (17,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 4:24:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

SmartLimits DOES NOT block anonymous calls. It needs a 10 digit wireless number to block. It cannot block short codes, or blocked calls.

SmartLimits DOES NOT block anonymous calls. It needs a 10 digit wireless number to block. It cannot block short codes, or blocked calls.

8 of 9 (9,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 5:13:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
If you set the "do not disturb" feature that will also block all text messages and alerts from sounding.
If you set the "do not disturb" feature that will also block all text messages and alerts from sounding.

9 of 9 (9,330 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments