Blocked messages still coming through

Contributor

Blocked messages still coming through

I signed up for the Smart Limits so I could block a particular person from messaging me. This was over 48 hours ago and I am still receiving text messages from this number. Could someone please help me out. I have an iPhone 5 and the messages are going through as regular texts not as iMessages.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (1,544 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Blocked messages still coming through

Kyphoto,

I found a small bit of information on limits of blocked numbers that are listed below.

The Blocked Numbers feature does not block MMS messages, instant messages, or messaging services not provided by AT&T (e.g., iMessages, Blackberry Messenger).

If you don't think this is the case and your feature is still not blocking these harassing texts please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care department by following the link below. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted, pleas also allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you.

Private Message

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,293 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.