Block all texts on my childs iPhone with smart block

Block all texts on my childs iPhone with smart block

Hello, I have enabled smart blocking on my child's iPhone account and want to block 100% of text messages to and from the phone. I have set the number of text to 0 then powered the phone off then back on, but the phone is still delivering text.... I have also turned off WiFi thinking that may be the cause... Nope.... still works! Thanks for the Help!
Message 1 of 5 (1,944 Views)
Expert

Re: Block all texts on my childs iPhone with smart block

Mike_Mike_Mike wrote:
Hello, I have enabled smart blocking on my child's iPhone account and want to block 100% of text messages to and from the phone. I have set the number of text to 0 then powered the phone off then back on, but the phone is still delivering text.... I have also turned off WiFi thinking that may be the cause... Nope.... still works! Thanks for the Help!

will be hard with the iphone, since imessage is the transport app, even if you block the normal SMS messages they can still communication via imessage to other apple devices. You can try calling att and requesting a text block be put on the number - there is no charge for this

Message 2 of 5 (1,919 Views)
ACE - Professor

However the thing about iMessage is that it uses data and does NOT count toward text message usage - just in case you were worried of charges for text.

The messages sent will be in blue (not green) while the ones received will be in pure white (same as normal text - but no charge)
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (1,904 Views)

Thanks,

I set imessage off and that works fine now.  Not a cost savings but a form of grounding for poor choice of behaviour...

Thanks again,

Mike

Message 4 of 5 (1,864 Views)
Master

Mike_Mike_Mike wrote:

Thanks,

I set imessage off and that works fine now.  Not a cost savings but a form of grounding for poor choice of behaviour...

Thanks again,

Mike

A parent that actually disciplines their child by disabling their connection to the social world! A pat on the back to you, my friend. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5 (1,823 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.