Beware Long Distance!!!

Contributor

Beware Long Distance!!!

Wife spent 21 minutes calling elderly parents last month, so that we can tell them to jump on skype video... cost an extra $80 on the phone bill!!

Canceling service once contract ends. Nickel and dime.
Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Beware Long Distance!!!

The rates are no secret, and if she will need to make occasional calls, even for just a few minute, consider getting the $5 plan.

www.att.com/global

Often, AT&T's willing to be flexible and if you've made the call recently, or in the last few days (since bill cycle started), you can usually put theat $5 plan retroactively to cover you.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I guess its just the cultural difference. Just came back from Korea where service is $25 a month unlimitated everything. Customer service proactively does things for the customers.

Could you please post a link to the pricing/rates information?
Message 3 of 5
Employee

Sorry, I meant to link it before.

Here it is again

http://www.att.com/att/global/long-distance/?calling

Just curious but did your rates in Korea included international calling?

Or did you mean, you simply would have gotten a call, following the reversed situation?

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Scholar

International long distance charges are brutal in the US, however it's not AT&T's fault you did not check how much it was to call international long distance to abroad. Sometimes you have to even be careful the phone number isn't a Canadian number since they share our country dial code, but count as international calls.

That said, I would suggest using other options to call, including Google Voice (which is like two cents a minute on top of using your bucket minutes) or perhaps sign up for a Skype Premium account that lets you call phones (the latter uses data), or sign up for one of the AT&T international long distance packages (which is the most convenient). Just be warned Google Voice and AT&T international dialing is only price so in the US; it does not include roaming (using your phone abroad).

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support