Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 1, 2013
8:32:17 PM
View profile
Better data speeds in Northern WI???

Hello:

I have a house in minocqua, WI.  According to the local newspaper from about a year ago an at&t 4G upgrade was voted on and approved at the town hall location.  Since then i have not seen any change in my data service, given i have not been up in a few weeks, but the coverage map does not show any changes.  Since i know that AT&T was looking into the area, how soon can we see some improved data speeds.  The EDGE network really isn't cutting it for me anymore.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hello:

I have a house in minocqua, WI.  According to the local newspaper from about a year ago an at&t 4G upgrade was voted on and approved at the town hall location.  Since then i have not seen any change in my data service, given i have not been up in a few weeks, but the coverage map does not show any changes.  Since i know that AT&T was looking into the area, how soon can we see some improved data speeds.  The EDGE network really isn't cutting it for me anymore.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Better data speeds in Northern WI???

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 1:19:33 PM
(0)
Teacher
They have recently launched LTE in the Fond Du Lac/ Oshkosh area, and have made some ground with their 4G HSPA +. I hate the dreaded Edge network, because newer devices like the iPhone 5 and iPad 3/4 don't even load like the older ones did... Verizon is kicking their butt with LTE in Wisconsin. I'm waiting for it in Sheboygan... Hopefully they will deploy it soon! Best of luck!
They have recently launched LTE in the Fond Du Lac/ Oshkosh area, and have made some ground with their 4G HSPA +. I hate the dreaded Edge network, because newer devices like the iPhone 5 and iPad 3/4 don't even load like the older ones did... Verizon is kicking their butt with LTE in Wisconsin. I'm waiting for it in Sheboygan... Hopefully they will deploy it soon! Best of luck!

Re: Better data speeds in Northern WI???

2 of 6 (786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 10:33:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

I emailed the customer relations manager for att a few days ago.  He emailed me back in literally five minutes(A+ AT&T).  Told me that the network in Minocqua will be up hopefully before the fall.  South of wasau is all brand new 3G/4G and rumored LTE(never saw it myself).  But he did not say much about any surrounding areas.  I still doubt the 4G will reach my house, i am about 10 or so miles from minocqua.  Hopefully the will put new towers in the surrounding areas.

I emailed the customer relations manager for att a few days ago.  He emailed me back in literally five minutes(A+ AT&T).  Told me that the network in Minocqua will be up hopefully before the fall.  South of wasau is all brand new 3G/4G and rumored LTE(never saw it myself).  But he did not say much about any surrounding areas.  I still doubt the 4G will reach my house, i am about 10 or so miles from minocqua.  Hopefully the will put new towers in the surrounding areas.

3 of 6 (733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 11:12:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

I actually just looked at the coverage map.  There is 3G in minocqua, but it does not reach my actual lake house now.

I actually just looked at the coverage map.  There is 3G in minocqua, but it does not reach my actual lake house now.

4 of 6 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:37:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

The last time I was in Mincoqua in the Middle of August, they still had the Edge network.

The last time I was in Mincoqua in the Middle of August, they still had the Edge network.

5 of 6 (474 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:41:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just wondering when they are going to have 4G service in Ladysmith, Wi. Hawkins, a much smaller community 20 miles away has it.

Just wondering when they are going to have 4G service in Ladysmith, Wi. Hawkins, a much smaller community 20 miles away has it.

6 of 6 (473 Views)