Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 16, 2013
8:24:50 PM
View profile
Basic Phone to iPhone in FT Plan After 10/24

I have 4 FamilyTalk (FT) lines, 2 iPhones and 2 basic phones. I'd like to upgrade all lines to iPhones by Thanksgiving.

However, the news about AT&T discontinuing FT plans for new customers on 10/25 concerns me in a way due to the lines I currently have . And the mixed answers from AT&T chat and email support only raises more concern. 

AT&T chat support told me (the day after the news broke out) that if I were to upgrade the two basic phone lines to iPhones after 10/24, I would have to move to MobileShare plans.

AT&T email support told me (two days later) it's OK to upgrade basic lines to iPhones with my existing FT plan in place.

Can I upgrade the two basic lines to iPhones after 10/24?

-Scott

I have 4 FamilyTalk (FT) lines, 2 iPhones and 2 basic phones. I'd like to upgrade all lines to iPhones by Thanksgiving.

However, the news about AT&T discontinuing FT plans for new customers on 10/25 concerns me in a way due to the lines I currently have . And the mixed answers from AT&T chat and email support only raises more concern. 

AT&T chat support told me (the day after the news broke out) that if I were to upgrade the two basic phone lines to iPhones after 10/24, I would have to move to MobileShare plans.

AT&T email support told me (two days later) it's OK to upgrade basic lines to iPhones with my existing FT plan in place.

-Scott

Basic Phone to iPhone in FT Plan After 10/24

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 3:13:11 AM
(0)
Expert

scottheng wrote:

-Scott

It was stated in the press release that current family talk plans will stay unless the end user changes them on their on, so you will be able to change out the two phones with out having to go to mobile share. To be on the safe side, would recommend doing it at a corporate store to make sure there are no problems

scottheng wrote:

-Scott

It was stated in the press release that current family talk plans will stay unless the end user changes them on their on, so you will be able to change out the two phones with out having to go to mobile share. To be on the safe side, would recommend doing it at a corporate store to make sure there are no problems

Re: Basic Phone to iPhone in FT Plan After 10/24

2 of 3 (567 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 5:19:16 AM
(0)
Former Employee

scottheng wrote:

-Scott

Yes, you can upgrade and keep the FT plan. However, you should compare prices for the Mobile Share. With 4 iPhones, you may find it can save you money. 

scottheng wrote:

-Scott

Yes, you can upgrade and keep the FT plan. However, you should compare prices for the Mobile Share. With 4 iPhones, you may find it can save you money. 

Re: Basic Phone to iPhone in FT Plan After 10/24

3 of 3 (558 Views)