Backorder Blues

Backorder Blues

Ordered the new LG G2 on the 17th and the status has been "Preparing to ship" ever since. I have been patiently waiting as the ship dates are listed as 1/22 - 1/24, but when I called today to check on it I was told the phone is backordered.  I was never made aware of this during the order or from the email confirmation of my order which is very disappointing. My son is stuck using a broken phone until my new one comes in which is frustrating. Had I known the phone was backordered I would have just gone into a retail store and taken care of it.

Message 1 of 19 (1,531 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Backorder Blues

As long as the device hasn't shipped to you, you should be able to work with a Company Retail store to get your device. I will say that depending upon the device will depend upon what the store will have. Company Retail stores do not stock certified like new devices and not all stores will carry every size of a device. I would check with your local store first, prior to canceling any orders.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 19 (1,184 Views)

I actually finally got my phone, but the activation was a nightmare. Don;t think I will ever order online again.

Message 17 of 19 (1,180 Views)
Tutor

I got my phone yesterday, it is a wonderful device so far,,and activation was super painless..thanks ATT

Message 18 of 19 (1,167 Views)
Teacher

Uh oh that makes me nervous to get mine
Message 19 of 19 (1,162 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.