Ask a question

Posted Jan 24, 2014
    10:16:37 AM
    View profile
    Backorder Blues

Ordered the new LG G2 on the 17th and the status has been "Preparing to ship" ever since. I have been patiently waiting as the ship dates are listed as 1/22 - 1/24, but when I called today to check on it I was told the phone is backordered.  I was never made aware of this during the order or from the email confirmation of my order which is very disappointing. My son is stuck using a broken phone until my new one comes in which is frustrating. Had I known the phone was backordered I would have just gone into a retail store and taken care of it.

Backorder Blues

18 replies
    (4) Me too
    (4) Me too
    View all replies
    (18)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 24, 2014 4:34:30 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

Ordered on 19th, ship date listed as 22-24th as well. Still waiting.

Zero notification that it was back ordered at the time or after I ordered. Great service indeed.

Re: Backorder Blues

2 of 19 (1,189 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 25, 2014 11:52:40 AM
    (0)
    Employee

Usually a system generated e-mail is sent to the e-mail they have on file for you to alert you of the status. Many apologies if it was not sent to you.  If you don't want to wait, you're able to call in to have the order Canceled so you can go into a store to get it, or you're able to swap it out for a different device that is available.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 19 (1,150 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 25, 2014 11:10:54 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor
    Edited by hyunmk86 on Jan 25, 2014 at 11:19:17 PM

No need. I did attempt to get the phone at the ATT company store but they were asking $99.99. Not the same deal nor do i want different device, I do my research and know exactly phone I want.

It is what it is and I am just waiting. I just know next time who to avoid when I order phone. I've had Tmobile for years prior to switching to ATT and never had this problem. They do have great promo going on and It woudn't be such a bad idea to switch and save 20 bucks or so a month in the process.

[ Edited ]
    4 of 19 (1,128 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 26, 2014 6:25:34 AM
    (0)
    Employee

I totally understand where you're coming from.

When a company with 95.5 million customers offers a $465 device for free for a limited time, it's expected to have the quanities diminish pretty quickly.

I wish you luck and hope you receive your phone soon! Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 19 (1,113 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 26, 2014 7:04:52 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I have ordered on 19th Jan and still having status 22-24 as shipping date, preparing to ship..any idea when this will be restocked?

6 of 19 (1,092 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 27, 2014 6:33:00 AM
    (0)
    Employee

From what I understand, the warehouses usually get restocked every week. Unfortunately, there isn't visibility to exactly when or with how many.

The orders are shipped out on a "first come first serve" basis. There's also that dreaded processing stage, where some orders are processed faster than others. ("Orders will be processed and shipped subject to credit approval, inventory availability, and validation of a proper shipping address, credit card information, and other information. Orders received after 4 p.m. will be processed the next business day...  Inventory, credit, and other issues may delay shipment or delivery. ")   Just like the iPhones, these free phones were scooped up within just a few hours of the sale.

7 of 19 (1,059 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 27, 2014 9:56:59 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have been on backorder for 2 weeks to the date. How much longer do I wait? And no i'm not going to cancel my order because I've already bought non returnable accessories for it. 2 

8 of 19 (1,046 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 28, 2014 11:38:20 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I just off the phone with ATT cs rep. The backorder is down to 23 from 567 apparently,, but they dont have a date .

9 of 19 (1,000 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 28, 2014 10:01:48 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Cool news, just canceled my order today, but I was a next upgrade and not a "free" purchase with a 2 year. So hopefully the stores in my area will get some soon and I can just go try again.

10 of 19 (975 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 29, 2014 1:35:21 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

Got mine shipped today, will be delivered tomorrow,,, 12 days of wait... hope the juice is worth the squeeze!

11 of 19 (952 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 30, 2014 3:53:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Teacher
    I ordered the Optimus a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. Called att 8 times and they said it wasn't on back order just an issue Smiley Sad igh

12 of 19 (918 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 30, 2014 4:04:17 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Teacher
    I'm also a next and I ordered last week! Still nothing. I was told it was an issue w the system but they're fixing it.. We shall see. Ridiculous

13 of 19 (912 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 30, 2014 6:29:56 PM
    (0)
    Employee

Hi Heighton720, 

I would recommend visiting a local AT&T Store and seeing if they have the device in stock. 

Additonally if you can't find a resoultion, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to  ATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

14 of 19 (904 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2014 7:59:06 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Teacher
    Thing is- if I do that I'll pay way more than what I paid... According to the web site. I'm so lost and confused and mad. What if I already ordered it on att.com and paid, is there. Way I can go to att store and get it???

15 of 19 (886 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2014 8:08:14 AM
    (0)
    Employee

As long as the device hasn't shipped to you, you should be able to work with a Company Retail store to get your device. I will say that depending upon the device will depend upon what the store will have. Company Retail stores do not stock certified like new devices and not all stores will carry every size of a device. I would check with your local store first, prior to canceling any orders.

16 of 19 (883 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2014 8:41:10 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I actually finally got my phone, but the activation was a nightmare. Don;t think I will ever order online again.

17 of 19 (879 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2014 11:25:31 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I got my phone yesterday, it is a wonderful device so far,,and activation was super painless..thanks ATT

18 of 19 (866 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 31, 2014 12:51:08 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Teacher
    Uh oh that makes me nervous to get mine

19 of 19 (861 Views)