Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
5:45:03 AM
View profile
Back Order when i order the phone within 5 minutes of going onsale???

So i stayed up last night and order the 16gb silver phone 5s from att website right when it went on sale.  My order was completed 11:50 pst (10 min before it was supposed to even be on sale) and the email i received said the shiping was exepted to be 7-14 day. Then this morning when i woke up i got a email say it going to be a month till they ship it???? when I still buy from Apple stores now with 7-14 days shiping.

So i stayed up last night and order the 16gb silver phone 5s from att website right when it went on sale.  My order was completed 11:50 pst (10 min before it was supposed to even be on sale) and the email i received said the shiping was exepted to be 7-14 day. Then this morning when i woke up i got a email say it going to be a month till they ship it???? when I still buy from Apple stores now with 7-14 days shiping.

Back Order when i order the phone within 5 minutes of going onsale???

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:54:45 AM
(0)
Voyager

Just cancel my at&t order and place an order from apple should have it 2 weeks.

Re: Back Order when i order the phone within 5 minutes of going onsale???

2 of 7 (1,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 5:58:03 AM
(0)
Expert

upSean wrote:

chances of canceling a online order are slim, you can try though

upSean wrote:

chances of canceling a online order are slim, you can try though

3 of 7 (1,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 6:07:21 AM
(0)
Voyager

Already did

Already did

4 of 7 (1,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 6:43:37 AM
(0)
Teacher

it's ridiculous, it says the SIM is on backordered on my order. I ordered at 2:55AM. what sense does it make?

it's ridiculous, it says the SIM is on backordered on my order. I ordered at 2:55AM. what sense does it make?

5 of 7 (1,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 7:04:55 AM
(0)
Professor
This happens every iPhone release. The estimated shipping times are usually inaccurate, and the SIM backorder status means nothing.

On most of these releases, the orders start piling up quick. Sometimes they sell out of the first week stock in under an hour.
This happens every iPhone release. The estimated shipping times are usually inaccurate, and the SIM backorder status means nothing.

On most of these releases, the orders start piling up quick. Sometimes they sell out of the first week stock in under an hour.

6 of 7 (1,174 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:58:59 PM
(0)
Master

Ignore the order status. There is no ryme or reason to it.  When the phone is available it will ship.  If you research the threads from last year and the year before and the year before that, you see the same thing!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Ignore the order status. There is no ryme or reason to it.  When the phone is available it will ship.  If you research the threads from last year and the year before and the year before that, you see the same thing!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 7 (656 Views)