Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 27, 2014
6:59:18 PM
BYOD on new Prepaid hotspot plan?
Edited by kamik333 on Feb 27, 2014 at 7:03:42 PM

Does ATT allow you to use any compatible hotspots/MIFIs for their prepaid/GoPhone data plans?  Or must you use their boxed hotspot?  I want to use an out of contract ATT hotspot for the new prepaid hotspot plan but can't find anything that says yes or no...

Their new prepaid hotspot plans $50-5gb or $15-250mb.

Does ATT allow you to use any compatible hotspots/MIFIs for their prepaid/GoPhone data plans?  Or must you use their boxed hotspot?  I want to use an out of contract ATT hotspot for the new prepaid hotspot plan but can't find anything that says yes or no...

Their new prepaid hotspot plans $50-5gb or $15-250mb.

BYOD on new Prepaid hotspot plan?

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 8:50:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes  it  is  free..   You  go  to  star bucks  coffee  shop..    and  any  hot spots  around  town..

I  have  ATT  wireless..I  use  hot spots  all the  time..   It  saves  my  data

Yes  it  is  free..   You  go  to  star bucks  coffee  shop..    and  any  hot spots  around  town..

I  have  ATT  wireless..I  use  hot spots  all the  time..   It  saves  my  data

Re: BYOD on new Prepaid hotspot plan?

2 of 9 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2014 4:59:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

This MIFIs/hotspots is not that common in North America.

People using tab now and Free WiFi hotspots are everywhere in USA & Canada.

I had an unlocked MIFI & mobile internet stick from  UK ,

only 2G work in North America,too slow.I passed.

This MIFIs/hotspots is not that common in North America.

People using tab now and Free WiFi hotspots are everywhere in USA & Canada.

I had an unlocked MIFI & mobile internet stick from  UK ,

only 2G work in North America,too slow.I passed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 2:28:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Sorry, you are not understanding my question. 

AT&T has new pre-paid hotspots data only wireless plans.  The charge $50/30 days 5gb or $15/30 days 250mb.  This is not a free WIFI at McDonalds or Starbucks.  It is a personal hotspot service you carry around.

My question is, do I have to use/buy their device or can I use an unlocked or my own out of contract AT&T hotspot (BYOD)?  

Their previous USB pre-paid data device had proprietory softward so you could not BYOD.

Anyone know?

Sorry, you are not understanding my question. 

AT&T has new pre-paid hotspots data only wireless plans.  The charge $50/30 days 5gb or $15/30 days 250mb.  This is not a free WIFI at McDonalds or Starbucks.  It is a personal hotspot service you carry around.

My question is, do I have to use/buy their device or can I use an unlocked or my own out of contract AT&T hotspot (BYOD)?  

Their previous USB pre-paid data device had proprietory softward so you could not BYOD.

Anyone know?

4 of 9 (856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 7:08:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

This is what I told you early.
This MiFi  (Personal hotspot),(Dongle) Not many people use it in North America.
You can go to any Crop. AT&T store ,told them you would like to BYOD.and joint the service.
They will be gladly to help you.
Most BYOD personal hotspot may only work with 2G in North America.

This is what I told you early.
This MiFi  (Personal hotspot),(Dongle) Not many people use it in North America.
You can go to any Crop. AT&T store ,told them you would like to BYOD.and joint the service.
They will be gladly to help you.
Most BYOD personal hotspot may only work with 2G in North America.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (835 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 4:04:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  I am not sure where you are but MIFIs and hotspots are very popular here where I am.  The AT&T hotspots in my uses the 4g and LTE network.

The question is, will a postpaid MIFI work with this new pre-paid plans?  The previous pre-paid data plan required AT&T boxed pre-paid devices with imbedded software.

I called AT&T store and they did not even know of the plan.  

Thanks.  I am not sure where you are but MIFIs and hotspots are very popular here where I am.  The AT&T hotspots in my uses the 4g and LTE network.

The question is, will a postpaid MIFI work with this new pre-paid plans?  The previous pre-paid data plan required AT&T boxed pre-paid devices with imbedded software.

I called AT&T store and they did not even know of the plan.  

6 of 9 (793 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 6:14:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

As far as I know,any AT&T phones , MiFi's will work in Postpaid or Prepaid plan.
Unless the drive (software) inside your MiFi/phone need update.

As far as I know,any AT&T phones , MiFi's will work in Postpaid or Prepaid plan.
Unless the drive (software) inside your MiFi/phone need update.

7 of 9 (784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2014 1:25:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LG_21 on Mar 9, 2014 at 1:27:41 PM

You have to buy the att mobile hotspot called att unite for $99. The data plans would only work with those device

You have to buy the att mobile hotspot called att unite for $99. The data plans would only work with those device

[ Edited ]
8 of 9 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 7:10:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

I took my Elevate (previously post paid hotspot), signed up for prepaid hotspot plan.  Works great and connects to LTE network.

I took my Elevate (previously post paid hotspot), signed up for prepaid hotspot plan.  Works great and connects to LTE network.

9 of 9 (485 Views)