Auto-renew turned off without prior notice.

Highlighted
Teacher

Auto-renew turned off without prior notice.

Had a bit of a strange experience yesterday. I started getting automated messages along with incoming text messages notifying me of my balance after the $0.20 transaction. I'm on the $0.10 per minute plan, but I signed up for the 200 messages/month addon and had it set to auto-renew. It has auto-renewed a couple of times successfully before, and I had plenty of credit on my account for it to renew again. But when I went to my online account management page, the addon was no longer listed at all. I re-added it, set auto-renew back on, and shortly thereafter I got the expected notification of the $4.99 transaction.

A short while later, I was perplexed to receive another notification, informing me that auto-renew had been turned off for the feature. Puzzled, I went back to the online account page, and the addon was still there and still appeared to be on auto-renew. Looking at the confirmation numbers, the auto-renew removal message actually has a lower number than the addition. That leads me to believe that it was a delayed message for whatever happened to turn off the auto-renew in the first place.

So... basically two questions:

1. Why would my text message feature pack have spontaneously turned off like that?

2. Can I get reimbursed for the 3 messages I got charged for yesterday morning after the time when I apparently lost the feature pack but before I had been notified about it?

Message 1 of 5 (431 Views)
Teacher

Re: Auto-renew turned off without prior notice.

I just realized that this probably also means I lost the carryover messages I had built up in the last couple of months. Is there any way to reinstate those? That's a lot bigger loss than the 3 messages I got charged for.

Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)
Employee

i dont beleive system messages from the carrier count against your message count. contact customer support and have them go through your account to see if you are able to get your carryover messages back

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (395 Views)
Employee

The autorenew stopped because you reached the limit that you can carryover that's why the system detected with the next autorenew you will exceed the limit allowed kn the account so thats why got expired the package, that answers question 1.
About question 2 yes you can get your money back on the account, if you give us a call and you know an estimated how many messages you've got left maybe the representative can restore the ammount of messages at no extra charge.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (392 Views)
Teacher

Manu520 wrote:
The autorenew stopped because you reached the limit that you can carryover that's why the system detected with the next autorenew you will exceed the limit allowed kn the account so thats why got expired the package, that answers question 1.
About question 2 yes you can get your money back on the account, if you give us a call and you know an estimated how many messages you've got left maybe the representative can restore the ammount of messages at no extra charge.

What's the carryover limit? I've only been with AT&T since December, so I could only possibly have accrued up to ~800 or so messages. I think it was actually more like 300-400.

Message 5 of 5 (361 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.