Att Unite huotspot data useage

Highlighted
Professor

Att Unite huotspot data useage

I just purchased an Att unit and have it on a 6GB plan. I had ised the Att tool and determined that 5GB would work for my light video streaming, normal emailing and daily internet useage on my MS Surface RT. i love how the Unite shows the data useage. imagine my surprise after i use the Unite for one hour in its brand new condition to stream one episode of 'Walking Dead' using comcast.net. 2.16 GB of data used. really? So I can use my Unite to watch two television shows? The Att tool indicate I should get several hours a week of shows and stay under my cap. As it stands it is hard to see the utility of this great tool.

Message 1 of 2 (529 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Att Unite huotspot data useage

Hello, Paolo01!

Thanks for posting. How many devices did you have connected to your Unite? Did these devices have apps running in the background? Also, was the 'Walking Dead' episode in HD?

These are just some of the factors that could affect your usage. If you don't think this is the problem, please feel free to send us a message by clicking here so we can try to help.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You should receive a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, I am available if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (481 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.