Ask a question

Posted Jan 21, 2014
8:47:20 AM
View profile
At&t

So i have a two year contract that began in August last year and att next says i can upgrade my phone do i have have to finish paying off my bill that i had with the two year contract? i need help

At&t

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:45:37 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jan 21, 2014 at 10:13:19 AM

Dagger1515K wrote:

So i have a two year contract that began in August last year and att next says i can upgrade my phone do i have have to finish paying off my bill that i had with the two year contract? i need help

Correction, I just saw the new offering,  you’ll need to get a new device and pay the full price over the course of two years (though there is no down payment required). AT&T is also offering up to $300 in trade-in for that phone you received with your last contract.

Re: At&t

[ Edited ]
2 of 11 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:56:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Actually there has been a little change!

http://about.att.com/newsroom/early_smartphone_upgrades_now_available_for_att_customers.html

If you have been under contract for 6 months, you are eligible to upgrade under AT&T Next! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (805 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 6:38:55 AM
(0)
Employee

Dagger1515K wrote:

If you upgrade with Next, your current service contract will remain as is.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 11 (746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 7:27:45 AM
(0)
Master

sandblaster wrote:

Dagger1515K wrote:

My current contract ends on 9/15.  I was told that if I signed up with Next that my contract would be removed on the day that I began Next.... I've read on another forum from others who shined up that those people had their current contracts ended....  Who is right? Does the contract end with Next sign up or when it is currently listed to end?  i could not find any info on AT&T's Next program about what happens to current AT&T contracts when a person signs up for the Next program. 

5 of 11 (739 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 8:53:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Considering Next is a no contract option, my guess would be your contract would be terminated but would have to trade in the device?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 11 (735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 12:42:09 PM
(0)
Master

Evandela wrote:
Considering Next is a no contract option, my guess would be your contract would be terminated but would have to trade in the device?

I heard that trading in your current phone is not a requirement for starting the Next program.  I wouldn't trade mine in anyway as it is a Verizon iPhone 5S that worked with my AT&T SIM card right out of the box, including AT&T's LTE service. I believe if can trade in a phone if you wanted to receive a credit on the new Next phone.

7 of 11 (717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 3:09:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I have a VZW iPhone myself working fabulously with ATT Smiley Tongue But honestly it really seems that tracing in the phone would make most sense to recuperate the loss?

8 of 11 (699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2014 6:19:52 PM
(0)
Master

Evandela wrote:

I have a VZW iPhone myself working fabulously with ATT Smiley Tongue But honestly it really seems that tracing in the phone would make most sense to recuperate the loss?

You'll be taking a loss by trading it in to AT&T.  I'll actually get what it's worth by selling it privately as I have done with all my past iPhones. 

9 of 11 (692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 8:30:02 AM
(0)
Employee

Eileen89 wrote:

sandblaster wrote:

Dagger1515K wrote:

My current contract ends on 9/15.  I was told that if I signed up with Next that my contract would be removed on the day that I began Next.... I've read on another forum from others who shined up that those people had their current contracts ended....  Who is right? Does the contract end with Next sign up or when it is currently listed to end?  i could not find any info on AT&T's Next program about what happens to current AT&T contracts when a person signs up for the Next program. 

I will admit, I don't know for sure so don't take my word for it. Since signing up for Next is essentially signing up for a new contract (a contract to pay for the phone, though, not phone service), it is very possible that they will terminate your existing service contract. Perhaps they are banking on not many people signing up for Next and then terminating service.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 11 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2014 10:12:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Oh I know @Eileen89. Smiley Tongue I meant ATT to recover their loss lol, of course you would lose the real value of the phone upon trade in Smiley Tongue

11 of 11 (665 Views)