Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2013
12:51:53 PM
View profile
At&t Speeds very slow

I have read some user that are being throttled on unlimited data. Example. LTE after exceeding 5GB on their phone. Yesterday, I measured my speeds and I had: 20714kbps download and a 9700kbps upload. Today in the same spot I got a steady 555kbps download and a 9586kbps upload. I can't do anything on my phone now. This is some crap. What kind of speed is this? 2G? Now I have to wait till the end of the month to get my speeds back.

I have read some user that are being throttled on unlimited data. Example. LTE after exceeding 5GB on their phone. Yesterday, I measured my speeds and I had: 20714kbps download and a 9700kbps upload. Today in the same spot I got a steady 555kbps download and a 9586kbps upload. I can't do anything on my phone now. This is some crap. What kind of speed is this? 2G? Now I have to wait till the end of the month to get my speeds back.

At&t Speeds very slow

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 12:53:50 PM
(0)
Expert

asnoble wrote:

other option is tiered or mobile share, they do not throttle that, you pay for overages. Also, it is not the end of the month, it is till your next billing cycle which may or may not coincide with teh last day of them month

asnoble wrote:

other option is tiered or mobile share, they do not throttle that, you pay for overages. Also, it is not the end of the month, it is till your next billing cycle which may or may not coincide with teh last day of them month

Re: At&t Speeds very slow

2 of 7 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 12:55:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

I don't want to lose my unlimited data, so I'm in a hole. Mine resets monthly with my cycle.

I don't want to lose my unlimited data, so I'm in a hole. Mine resets monthly with my cycle.

3 of 7 (373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 5:18:05 AM
(0)
Expert

asnoble wrote:

then you need to start policing your data usage to make it last longer

asnoble wrote:

then you need to start policing your data usage to make it last longer

4 of 7 (306 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 4:56:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you're curious 2G is like 64Kbps, 2.5G (aka EDGE) is about 300Kbps.

You may not be able to watch videos, but compressed pictures, web browsing, and many things can still be done on EDGE and definitely over that faster, if throttled connection you have.

Of course it's also possible you're not being throttled and there is just network congestion.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

If you're curious 2G is like 64Kbps, 2.5G (aka EDGE) is about 300Kbps.

You may not be able to watch videos, but compressed pictures, web browsing, and many things can still be done on EDGE and definitely over that faster, if throttled connection you have.

Of course it's also possible you're not being throttled and there is just network congestion.

5 of 7 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 11:10:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
It doesn't matter If you police your data if you're a unlimited plan holer. Im unlimited and I got throttled, I called at&t because my speeds were slow I asked the when do you throttle unlimited plan holders, he said it depends on how much data the none unlimited use up. It could be one gb to five gbs.
It doesn't matter If you police your data if you're a unlimited plan holer. Im unlimited and I got throttled, I called at&t because my speeds were slow I asked the when do you throttle unlimited plan holders, he said it depends on how much data the none unlimited use up. It could be one gb to five gbs.

6 of 7 (222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 3:06:30 AM
(0)
Expert

that statement is wrong, it is not as low as 1GB, if 3GB and you exceeded 3GB yu are throttled, if it is LTE it is 5GB. Take the personsonal responsibility and police your own data usage or let the carrier do it for you

that statement is wrong, it is not as low as 1GB, if 3GB and you exceeded 3GB yu are throttled, if it is LTE it is 5GB. Take the personsonal responsibility and police your own data usage or let the carrier do it for you

7 of 7 (208 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments