Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 10, 2013
9:39:44 AM
View profile
App or program to enable editable documents on iPad

Not sure if I'm describing this correctly, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an app or program that would enable input of text on the appropriate lines on a stored document on the iPad, for printing out later. My handwriting is horrible so I'd like to import a copy of the document to the iPad so that I can input the information in the fields on the form, and I can then print it out rather than hand write on the document itself.  

Hope this is making sense.

Thanks.

Not sure if I'm describing this correctly, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an app or program that would enable input of text on the appropriate lines on a stored document on the iPad, for printing out later. My handwriting is horrible so I'd like to import a copy of the document to the iPad so that I can input the information in the fields on the form, and I can then print it out rather than hand write on the document itself.  

Thanks.

App or program to enable editable documents on iPad

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 11:22:19 AM
(0)
Expert

SLIKRICK wrote:

Thanks.

Have not seen a app like this, have you thought of using something like google docs

SLIKRICK wrote:

Thanks.

Have not seen a app like this, have you thought of using something like google docs

Re: App or program to enable editable documents on iPad

2 of 8 (741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 12:43:05 PM
(0)
Professor

Depends on what type of document you have. If it's a PDF, it would need to be set up as a form and not locked for editing. A Word document would also need to allow editing.

There's a free app called SignNow in the app store that claims to be able to edit as well as sign documents.

Depends on what type of document you have. If it's a PDF, it would need to be set up as a form and not locked for editing. A Word document would also need to allow editing.

There's a free app called SignNow in the app store that claims to be able to edit as well as sign documents.

3 of 8 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 1:34:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I have used the app PDFPen for filling out PDF forms and even signing them on my iPad.  It is a very nice tool.  They just recently released a companion app that also will allow you to use the camera as a document scanner and even perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the scanned document.  I have also used other apps for using the iPad/iPhone camera as a document scanner (GeniusScan and JotNot Pro).  I haven't used the new PDFPen app for document scanneing much yet though so the other apps may be better for that.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

I have used the app PDFPen for filling out PDF forms and even signing them on my iPad.  It is a very nice tool.  They just recently released a companion app that also will allow you to use the camera as a document scanner and even perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on the scanned document.  I have also used other apps for using the iPad/iPhone camera as a document scanner (GeniusScan and JotNot Pro).  I haven't used the new PDFPen app for document scanneing much yet though so the other apps may be better for that.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 7:12:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 10:13:43 AM
(0)
Professor
Thanks, all, for responding with some good suggestions. In looking through the available options it appears there's really nothing out there for what I'm trying to do. Obviously this isn't a very popular or desirable need or else I'm sure it would be filled. Again, thanks everybody.
Thanks, all, for responding with some good suggestions. In looking through the available options it appears there's really nothing out there for what I'm trying to do. Obviously this isn't a very popular or desirable need or else I'm sure it would be filled. Again, thanks everybody.

6 of 8 (618 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 11:54:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Perhaps if you could give more details on what you are trying to do we could provide better options.  I know that the options from Smile Software (PDF Pen and their new Scan+) allow me to use my iPad to fill out forms in saved documents.  I have also used Apple's own Pages on my iPad to edit word processor files, so to say that there isn't anything out there to fill out forms saved on your iPad is misleading.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Perhaps if you could give more details on what you are trying to do we could provide better options.  I know that the options from Smile Software (PDF Pen and their new Scan+) allow me to use my iPad to fill out forms in saved documents.  I have also used Apple's own Pages on my iPad to edit word processor files, so to say that there isn't anything out there to fill out forms saved on your iPad is misleading.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

7 of 8 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 9:07:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

Don't know this type of app but I also need this app.

Don't know this type of app but I also need this app.

8 of 8 (494 Views)