Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 1, 2012
9:23:00 AM
View profile
Anyone getting error 8000ffff on Lumia 920 on dowloads from the marketplace?

I originally got the error (8000ffff) when it tried to download an update to Extras + Info. It couldn't get past the error in the download so I ended up cancelling which replaced the  Extras + Info settings with some code text in the settings menu. Also, before I cancelled (when it was just sitting as an error), the market would randomly show 1 item needing an update, but when I would click on the market, nothing would be there.

So I reset my phone to factory settings. Now I have 9 of these downloads with errors! I'm assuming Extras + Info is one of them. It also appears I may have originally download a Chase bank app that it says isn't compatible with my device now (maybe because of other system updates that have errored?). The Chase bank app is the only one I could figure out because that is the only 1 that shows up in my apps menu as a download error after the factory reset (even then it doesn't show up as "Chase" but you can share a link to an app so I share the link with myself to figure out what app it was). Otherwise, the other 9 total errors are showing in my market...that is why I assume 8 of the 9 are probably system updates.

Anyway, I reset my phone a 2nd time and it still didn't fix it. I assume I'm not the only person having this problem?

Here is a bit more detail on what is looks like: If I go to the pending downloads in the market, each of the 9 downloads are titled "Downloading application" rather than the name of an app or update. Underneath it says "Attention required. Tap here." If you tap, hold and retry, it still says "Attention required. Tap here." If you tap lightly, it says "Downloading application...  There is a problem completing your reqest. Try again later. Error code: 8000ffff"

I originally got the error (8000ffff) when it tried to download an update to Extras + Info. It couldn't get past the error in the download so I ended up cancelling which replaced the  Extras + Info settings with some code text in the settings menu. Also, before I cancelled (when it was just sitting as an error), the market would randomly show 1 item needing an update, but when I would click on the market, nothing would be there.

So I reset my phone to factory settings. Now I have 9 of these downloads with errors! I'm assuming Extras + Info is one of them. It also appears I may have originally download a Chase bank app that it says isn't compatible with my device now (maybe because of other system updates that have errored?). The Chase bank app is the only one I could figure out because that is the only 1 that shows up in my apps menu as a download error after the factory reset (even then it doesn't show up as "Chase" but you can share a link to an app so I share the link with myself to figure out what app it was). Otherwise, the other 9 total errors are showing in my market...that is why I assume 8 of the 9 are probably system updates.

Anyway, I reset my phone a 2nd time and it still didn't fix it. I assume I'm not the only person having this problem?

Here is a bit more detail on what is looks like: If I go to the pending downloads in the market, each of the 9 downloads are titled "Downloading application" rather than the name of an app or update. Underneath it says "Attention required. Tap here." If you tap, hold and retry, it still says "Attention required. Tap here." If you tap lightly, it says "Downloading application...  There is a problem completing your reqest. Try again later. Error code: 8000ffff"

Anyone getting error 8000ffff on Lumia 920 on dowloads from the marketplace?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2012 5:59:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You on Wifi? Is there a chance you're having connectivity issues with the store?

You on Wifi? Is there a chance you're having connectivity issues with the store?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Anyone getting error 8000ffff on Lumia 920 on dowloads from the marketplace?

2 of 11 (19,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2012 6:21:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

First time was LTE. The second time I tried when at home on WiFi. Both times resetting I got the same results.

First time was LTE. The second time I tried when at home on WiFi. Both times resetting I got the same results.

Re: Anyone getting error 8000ffff on Lumia 920 on dowloads from the marketplace?

3 of 11 (19,125 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 6:27:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What's the status of your windows live account you've used on the phone?

Try logging into the marketplace from a desktop browser:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store on the right under Explore My Phone you can login. Does everything work there?

My guess is you're not logging into the market correctly (your Live password/user name isn't right on the phone.)

What's the status of your windows live account you've used on the phone?

Try logging into the marketplace from a desktop browser:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store on the right under Explore My Phone you can login. Does everything work there?

My guess is you're not logging into the market correctly (your Live password/user name isn't right on the phone.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (19,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 9:26:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. The live tile will display a '5'. When I go into the app, I have 6 of these same error messages. Very irritating. Appreciate help.

I'm having the same problem. The live tile will display a '5'. When I go into the app, I have 6 of these same error messages. Very irritating. Appreciate help.

5 of 11 (19,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 9:41:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

well, problem started yesterday after my email client program on the phone started crash.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Email-and-Text-Messaging-on-Lumia-920-Crashing-On-Launch...

and many other links around. I did reset. / restore from back-up... restore hanging but I can connect to store, e.g. my creds are OK. So what I did: press and hold on hanging download and then dialog appears : cancel download and reinstall like you vever had it (application ) installed. Hopefully it helps..

well, problem started yesterday after my email client program on the phone started crash.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Email-and-Text-Messaging-on-Lumia-920-Crashing-On-Launch/m-p/1615514

and many other links around. I did reset. / restore from back-up... restore hanging but I can connect to store, e.g. my creds are OK. So what I did: press and hold on hanging download and then dialog appears : cancel download and reinstall like you vever had it (application ) installed. Hopefully it helps..

6 of 11 (19,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 9:44:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

I hadn't tried out that website yet, so thanks!

But yes, it appears my password was correct. I was able to log in and see everything. My phone had also synced everything else correctly such as calendar and other apps.

Looking at this website, it appears Network+ must be another one of the "stuck" apps that won't download. It is listed as one of my apps in my app history, but I don't have a Network+ in my Settings on my phone. I remember getting that Network+ update the first time and it worked (and I backed up my phone thereafter), but it doesn't appear to have come back after the resets.

I hadn't tried out that website yet, so thanks!

But yes, it appears my password was correct. I was able to log in and see everything. My phone had also synced everything else correctly such as calendar and other apps.

Looking at this website, it appears Network+ must be another one of the "stuck" apps that won't download. It is listed as one of my apps in my app history, but I don't have a Network+ in my Settings on my phone. I remember getting that Network+ update the first time and it worked (and I backed up my phone thereafter), but it doesn't appear to have come back after the resets.

7 of 11 (19,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 9:14:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same excact problem on my Nokia 920.  Nine stuck downloads and same 8000ffff error.  Did you ever resolve the problem? 

Same excact problem on my Nokia 920.  Nine stuck downloads and same 8000ffff error.  Did you ever resolve the problem? 

8 of 11 (18,509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 2:29:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Actually I managed to solve the problem. I enabled "send apps to my phone..." in the "find my phone" section of the "settings" app. Then I logged into windowsphone.com and found the full list of all apps I installed chronologically. Including any updates pushed to my phone my Nokia. After that, it was just a matter of pressing the "reinstall" link for apps that I wanted back on my phone. For a more detailed description on what do do, check out my blog post Smiley Happy

http://chrsmrtn.azurewebsites.net/windows-phone-8-restore-and-8000ffff-errors-on-app-downloads/

Actually I managed to solve the problem. I enabled "send apps to my phone..." in the "find my phone" section of the "settings" app. Then I logged into windowsphone.com and found the full list of all apps I installed chronologically. Including any updates pushed to my phone my Nokia. After that, it was just a matter of pressing the "reinstall" link for apps that I wanted back on my phone. For a more detailed description on what do do, check out my blog post Smiley Happy

http://chrsmrtn.azurewebsites.net/windows-phone-8-restore-and-8000ffff-errors-on-app-downloads/

9 of 11 (12,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 2:30:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

Oh, and I came across this post while trying to solve the problem on my own Smiley Happy  Hope the info I gave helps you and others out Smiley Happy

Oh, and I came across this post while trying to solve the problem on my own Smiley Happy  Hope the info I gave helps you and others out Smiley Happy

10 of 11 (12,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 5:34:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Thanks for the tip, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the tip, and welcome to the forums!

11 of 11 (12,150 Views)