Anyone Trying out the iOS 7 Beta?

Scholar

Anyone Trying out the iOS 7 Beta?

As we know a few days ago Apple embraced us with there new iOS which will be available to the Public this Fall

anyway I noticed Apple have a Beta of this available and I couldnt help but want to try it out before its general public release Smiley Happy

Question is has anyone else here installed it? 

if so whats your opinion? waiting for others input before I spill my view Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 32 (6,427 Views)
Professor

Re: Anyone Trying out the iOS 7 Beta?

I believe that those who sign up for the beta testing are required to sign an NDA, so they wouldn't be able to tell you about it even if they were testing it.
Message 2 of 32 (6,378 Views)
Expert

dwill05 wrote:
I believe that those who sign up for the beta testing are required to sign an NDA, so they wouldn't be able to tell you about it even if they were testing it.

correct there is a NDA and to be eligible to recieve the beta code you are required to be a Apple licensed developer, any other versions floating around are violations of terms

Message 3 of 32 (6,376 Views)
Teacher

Installing the IOS 7 beta looks tempting if you can get it but unless you know what you are doing, I STRONGLY recommend against it. It is still in development and you stand a good chance of bricking your expensive Iphone. Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 32 (6,344 Views)
Scholar

I didn't know I had to be discreet about having it
My developer friend added me to there account in order to trial Smiley Wink

Anyway my verdict is wow what a better experience on my iPhone one nag I hope they change is that the icons on the home screen look way to bright I feel I need sunglasses in order to look at my phone other than that I've noticed a few little tiny bugs but nothing major Smiley Happy

I can't wait for its public real release anyway September 22nd hopefully iPhone 5S will be on the shelves too Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 32 (6,327 Views)
Expert

Another thing to remember - once you install there is no take backs, you can't re-install 6.1.4

Message 6 of 32 (6,298 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I like what I saw and it makes me want it now and fall is a ways off owell gives me something to look forward to.

Message 7 of 32 (6,295 Views)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

I like what I saw and it makes me want it now and fall is a ways off owell gives me something to look forward to.

but given the response from the annoucement a lot of people are saying that apple stepped into something nasty with this versionSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 32 (6,286 Views)
Master

I had too many issues with the last beta of iOS 6, and decided not to do beta testing on my iDevices anymore. 

Message 9 of 32 (6,279 Views)
Scholar

@ wind grinder.

I have no interest in returning back to iOS 6.1.3
Not now iOS 7 is the way forward and I'm really excited about apples new handset(s)

It's just too bad I have to wait though till December to get my new iPhone that's the sadness for me having to wait till my contract ends so I can cancel and move to another provider lol

Btw if you all do get a chance to use iOS 7 I hope I guys like it as much as I do

I love the Weather app alot I will upload a photo later of my PC Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 32 (6,272 Views)
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

but given the response from the annoucement a lot of people are saying that apple stepped into something nasty with this versionSmiley Happy

I seem to read this with every version same with OS 10.9 coming up ,people get comfortable with certain things and don't like change and along with change comes bugs and fixes the same way its been for every OS I have ever used

and at my age I have used quite a few.

Message 11 of 32 (6,246 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Kerry78 wrote:
@ wind grinder.

I have no interest in returning back to iOS 6.1.3
Not now iOS 7 is the way forward and I'm really excited about apples new handset(s)

It's just too bad I have to wait though till December to get my new iPhone that's the sadness for me having to wait till my contract ends so I can cancel and move to another provider lol

Btw if you all do get a chance to use iOS 7 I hope I guys like it as much as I do

I love the Weather app alot I will upload a photo later of my PC Smiley Wink

why wait?

Can never understand why is someone hates a company and wants to switch they still stay. If you are a att customer you might just want to check your upgrade date, it may have had 4 months added to it, att just recently changed upgrade policy, if you 24 month contract does not end before March 2014, you just had your upgrade date pushed to 24 months instead on 20. Nice try though, can;t give you much for originality though

Message 12 of 32 (6,231 Views)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

I seem to read this with every version same with OS 10.9 coming up ,people get comfortable with certain things and don't like change and along with change comes bugs and fixes the same way its been for every OS I have ever used

and at my age I have used quite a few.

How long to fix bugs? How long as IOS 6 been out and they still have the data leakage problems on the phone, they altered the way the wireless lan adapter works when the Iphone 5 goes into hiberation - prior wifi modem would stay up when the phone was in hibernation and charging, now the wifi adapter shuts down in that senario

Message 13 of 32 (6,231 Views)
Scholar

@ Wind grinder, remember I live in Great Britain lol (No AT&T here) just 3 networks exist here as

T-Mobile and Orange are now "EE"  I can quit them before my contract ends but I just don't want to 

pay 4 months line rental to do so i'd rather get my moneys worth Smiley Happy

only reason im leaving them is cos of data btw to expensive on there 4G package 

I will move to the network "3" which has all you can eat data included in the price plan I want plus its 4G Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 32 (6,206 Views)
Scholar

Heres 2 Photos of my phone the weather app is really cool 

I posted the other photo cos I think those new Toggles need to be slightly longer

plus it might confuse people thats theres no text stating ON/OFF I think its needed in the Full version Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 32 (6,206 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.