Any Suggestions - Iphone 4 Stuck in Recovery Mode

Teacher

Any Suggestions - Iphone 4 Stuck in Recovery Mode

After all the waiting, the refusal to deliver based on an address without a business name, and the trip to the fedex center - I entered the activation information online, plugged the phone into itunes, and now my phone is a brick with a black screen that won't respond to anything.  Itunes tells me I need to restore the phone, but when I attempt to restore I get error code 1601.  Apparently this means that I must uninstall every file on my computer that includes the term apple, itunes, ipod, quicktime, etc - which I attempted to do, but I've reinstalled itunes and I'm still in the same boat.  At this point, I honestly couldn't care less whether I have this piece of crap phone or not, but since my 3G no longer functions, it would be nice to have something that works.

If you kids have any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 22 (17,445 Views)
Contributor

Re: Any Suggestions - Iphone 4 Stuck in Recovery Mode

The following will work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.

Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.

ITUNES will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your IPHONE is in recovery mode would you like to restore?

3. Click the restore tab.
Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
Note - Do not do this over WIFI
Note - Do not interrupt the restore
Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your IPHONE will restore back to the factroy settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.

Hope this helps

Message 16 of 22 (2,362 Views)
Contributor

Don't worry about that. iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve it.

First is is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone
Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Second is to fix with a iPhone Data Recovery tool.
Step 1: Fix the Problem of iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
Step 2: Recover Data from your iPhone Directly
Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup

You can try both of them. And you can check more from here:

http://www.iphone-android-recovery.com/iphone/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode.html

Message 17 of 22 (2,016 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Damiandee wrote:

Don't worry about that. iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve it.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone
Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

http://www.iphone-android-recovery.com/iphone/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode.html

Not withstanding any of the other stuff you mentioned--you are incorrect in saying that "iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode always happens" when the iOS is updated on it; I just updated the iOS on both of my iPhone 4 devices--neither of them got stuck in recovery mode at any point during the entire iOS update process; the entire iOS update process went smoothly and without a hitch on both phones.  Guess I must have did something wrong for both of those phones to not have gotten stuck in recovery mode, given your "statement" about iPhone 4 always getting stuck in recovery mode when updating the iOS...

Message 18 of 22 (1,969 Views)
Master

jane697 wrote:

Damiandee wrote:

Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Not withstanding any of the other stuff you mentioned--you are incorrect in saying that "iPhone 4 stuck in recovery mode always happens" when the iOS is updated on it; I just updated the iOS on both of my iPhone 4 devices--neither of them got stuck in recovery mode at any point during the entire iOS update process; the entire iOS update process went smoothly and without a hitch on both phones.  Guess I must have did something wrong for both of those phones to not have gotten stuck in recovery mode, given your "statement" about iPhone 4 always getting stuck in recovery mode when updating the iOS...

If an iphone is always getting stuck in recovery mode, it may be a hardware issue and/or more likely a jailbroken phone given the references to some of the tools above.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 19 of 22 (1,958 Views)
Contributor

my mobile iphone 4s is locked at&t sucked into recovery mode   , but i travelled away fromm usa so i dnt have the sim card , i tried alot to solve it by itunes but all the time gives me an error , please  try to help me ! what can i do>?

Message 20 of 22 (1,580 Views)
Contributor

I wrote an article on common faults with the iphone 5s which ive heard has this problem more than any other model apparently. Here is my link tells you how to fix this. Also the bleu screen of death.

http://troyangeluk.hubpages.com/hub/common-problems-with-the-iPhone-5s

Message 21 of 22 (1,412 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your phone isn't stuck in recovery mode...its stuck in a DFU loop. Download iPhone Data Recovery and associated recovery fix. Start iPhone Data Recovery and go to logs...you will see your phone showing it's in a DFU mode. Click on the recovery fix and you'll see your phone kicked into a true recovery mode. At this point you will ant to start your iTunes assuming you have the latest version and do a complete restore with the latest IOS. Do that and you're good to go. If it fails on the first try just repeat the steps.

recovery-tool.com/ios-recovery/iphone-stuck-in-recovery-mode.html

Message 22 of 22 (517 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.