Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2013
12:02:59 PM
View profile
Announcing AT&T Next!
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jul 16, 2013 at 12:30:37 PM

Today AT&T has announced "AT&T Next", the exciting new way to get a new smartphone or tablet every 12 months!!!

Follow these links to learn more:

Press Release

Wireless Support Article

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Today AT&T has announced "AT&T Next", the exciting new way to get a new smartphone or tablet every 12 months!!!

Follow these links to learn more:

Press Release

Wireless Support Article

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Announcing AT&T Next!

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:07:06 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Philz67 on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:08:09 PM

I joined the ATT family October 2012 .
Doing so has provided me best coverage , Best CS , fastest LTE I'm a very happy customer but this Next plan is a total mess.
CNET , Android Central etc write ups have been...well not so friendly on how this plan works compared to T-mobile.
Here is a great example - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/16/comparing-verizon-att-and-t-mobiles-new-upgrade-plans/

Phil-

I joined the ATT family October 2012 .
Doing so has provided me best coverage , Best CS , fastest LTE I'm a very happy customer but this Next plan is a total mess.
CNET , Android Central etc write ups have been...well not so friendly on how this plan works compared to T-mobile.
Here is a great example - http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/16/comparing-verizon-att-and-t-mobiles-new-upgrade-plans/

Phil-

Re: Announcing AT&T Next!

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 3:44:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T is not working for dedicated customers as the NEXT program is not available for customers that have not reached their upgrade date, untill you reach that date, the only way to get the NEXT option is to add a new line. As I tried to convince someone to find me a better option for me to upgrade my phone, with out paying total cost I was offered to pay half cost an sign 2 year term again, yet i have all ready been with them for 1 year an on time with payments on 3 lines.I dont want to extend the contract for 2 more years. So the AT&T NEXT program is not anything to be anymore then what we all have all ready pay now. Our plans are high cause AT&T add a fee on our plan rates to pay to make subsidy payments to phone manufacturers so AT&T get a discounts on the phones but they still make us (the consumer) pay the high cost for the phones.

AT&T is not working for dedicated customers as the NEXT program is not available for customers that have not reached their upgrade date, untill you reach that date, the only way to get the NEXT option is to add a new line. As I tried to convince someone to find me a better option for me to upgrade my phone, with out paying total cost I was offered to pay half cost an sign 2 year term again, yet i have all ready been with them for 1 year an on time with payments on 3 lines.I dont want to extend the contract for 2 more years. So the AT&T NEXT program is not anything to be anymore then what we all have all ready pay now. Our plans are high cause AT&T add a fee on our plan rates to pay to make subsidy payments to phone manufacturers so AT&T get a discounts on the phones but they still make us (the consumer) pay the high cost for the phones.

3 of 9 (679 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 4:24:00 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Philz67 on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:27:34 PM

Well Ive found the best way to upgrade during mid contract with other carriers is to sell current device on Craigslist then apply funds acquired to full price on new
The trick is purchasing contract device that will hold value so resale pays off.
My Galaxy Note 2 for example ,
A month or two before Galaxy Note 3 release I will sell my Galaxy Note 2 for 300.00 then apply that to new device purchase.
So basically I will be paying 300,00 - 375.00 out of pocket for new device upgrade without contract renew.

Phil-

Well Ive found the best way to upgrade during mid contract with other carriers is to sell current device on Craigslist then apply funds acquired to full price on new
The trick is purchasing contract device that will hold value so resale pays off.
My Galaxy Note 2 for example ,
A month or two before Galaxy Note 3 release I will sell my Galaxy Note 2 for 300.00 then apply that to new device purchase.
So basically I will be paying 300,00 - 375.00 out of pocket for new device upgrade without contract renew.

Phil-

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 4:02:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by bigelarkin on Jul 18, 2013 at 8:06:18 AM

So I was just trying to to see if I got this right,

1. When my contract is expires -  I have the option of 2 years or going to the AT&T Next Program.

2. So I chosse the AT&T Next Program  If I wanted to a iPhone 5 32 GB (normally a iPhone 5 is $749.99 with no Contact, (Subdisde is $299.99)- so I would only pay sales tax when I got the phone,  and the price would be divided in 20 monthly installments

3. So after I make 12 montly installments - then I have a option of getting a new phone then start the monthly installments all over again.   Or If I keep paying the installments at 20 months then the phone is mine to keep.

4. Plus I can pay the how installment early - that would be the remaing blanance.

5. Plus I know there is no upgrade fee, activation fee, and no finance charge for AT&T Next,  if I switch back to a 2 year contact then the upgrade fee, and the activation fee will be charge- am I right with that?

Then I was wondering if I tried out the AT&T Next Program and did not like could I switch back over a 2 year contract?

Then could I use the phone that I got with the AT&T Next Program, then use that same phone when if I switch back to a 2 year contract- and pay of the remaining balance of the installment payments,  Would the Acitivation fee get waved do the phone already beeing paid off and since I was useing the phone on the Next Program

So I was just trying to to see if I got this right,

1. When my contract is expires -  I have the option of 2 years or going to the AT&T Next Program.

2. So I chosse the AT&T Next Program  If I wanted to a iPhone 5 32 GB (normally a iPhone 5 is $749.99 with no Contact, (Subdisde is $299.99)- so I would only pay sales tax when I got the phone,  and the price would be divided in 20 monthly installments

3. So after I make 12 montly installments - then I have a option of getting a new phone then start the monthly installments all over again.   Or If I keep paying the installments at 20 months then the phone is mine to keep.

4. Plus I can pay the how installment early - that would be the remaing blanance.

5. Plus I know there is no upgrade fee, activation fee, and no finance charge for AT&T Next,  if I switch back to a 2 year contact then the upgrade fee, and the activation fee will be charge- am I right with that?

Then I was wondering if I tried out the AT&T Next Program and did not like could I switch back over a 2 year contract?

Then could I use the phone that I got with the AT&T Next Program, then use that same phone when if I switch back to a 2 year contract- and pay of the remaining balance of the installment payments,  Would the Acitivation fee get waved do the phone already beeing paid off and since I was useing the phone on the Next Program

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 7:42:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
If you switch to a contract based plan, yes there would be an activation/upgrade fee (whichever applies).

But it sounds you summed it up pretty nicely. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
If you switch to a contract based plan, yes there would be an activation/upgrade fee (whichever applies).

But it sounds you summed it up pretty nicely. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 8:11:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

7 of 9 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 8:31:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
As mentioned on your thread, you would be held liable to pay off the remaining balance on the device.

You would be charged $36 activation fee when you enter a contract based plan, even if your bringing in your own device. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
As mentioned on your thread, you would be held liable to pay off the remaining balance on the device.

You would be charged $36 activation fee when you enter a contract based plan, even if your bringing in your own device. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 9 (581 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 6:55:53 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jul 26, 2013 at 6:57:59 AM

Good news everyone! AT&T Next is available now, nationwide!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Good news everyone! AT&T Next is available now, nationwide!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (352 Views)