Helpful Links

An spirit (maybe) spilled coke on my Iphone

Teacher

An spirit (maybe) spilled coke on my Iphone

Now it won't power on so I fired ATT as my carrier, went to target bought a $14 Gusto-2 phone and ported the number to the second biggest carreir with no contract. Now POTS/DSL is on the chopping block. I will eventually get rid off it too because of the manager's attitude on my wireless service, I complained on the automatic upgrade on my plan. He is not polite..

Message 1 of 9
Master

Re: An spirit (maybe) spilled coke on my Iphone

A spirit meaning you? Was there moisture exposure indicated by the stickers?

Were you calm and polite explaining your issue? I can only think that the manager may or may not have been rude because YOU were rude to him or one of the other employees. You can catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

Signed a former customer offering an opinion.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
A spirit meaning you? Was there moisture exposure indicated by the stickers?

Were you calm and polite explaining your issue? I can only think that the manager may or may not have been rude because YOU were rude to him or one of the other employees. You can catch more flies with honey then vinegar.

Signed a former customer offering an opinion.

It is a iphone, att does not handle any warranty work or warranty exchanges on the apple product line - it needs to be taken to a Genus bar at a apple outlet, the first thing they check is the 2 (maybe 3) liquid triggers, it they are triggered apple will not honor a warranty on it, I believe they will sell you a refurbed out of warranty replacement for 199.00

Message 3 of 9
Scholar

tikblang wrote:

Now it won't power on so I fired ATT as my carrier, went to target bought a $14 Gusto-2 phone and ported the number to the second biggest carreir with no contract. Now POTS/DSL is on the chopping block. I will eventually get rid off it too because of the manager's attitude on my wireless service, I complained on the automatic upgrade on my plan. He is not polite..

Back away from the alcholic beverages...Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Master

Maybe there isn't an Apple store nearby. I know the closest one for me is at least 45 minutes away from my home. Even so couldn't the AT&T store be able to check the liquid trigger themselves?

Maybe going to an Apple store was what the manager was trying to suggest to the OP. We don't know half of the story about what really happened and personally I think the OP isn't telling all of his point of view.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Expert

Ann154 wrote:
Maybe there isn't an Apple store nearby. I know the closest one for me is at least 45 minutes away from my home. Even so couldn't the AT&T store be able to check the liquid trigger themselves?

Maybe going to an Apple store was what the manager was trying to suggest to the OP. We don't know half of the story about what really happened and personally I think the OP isn't telling all of his point of view.

they can check it but for anything else it requires a Apple Genus bar.

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Master

I've heard everything from dropping phones in hot tubs, swimming pools, bowls of soup, glasses of water, etc., but I've never heard of a possible spirit spilling Coke on one before!

Perhaps you [should have] tried drying the phone out by letting it sit in a bag of uncooked white rice overnight? Doesn't seem like AT&T's fault in my point of view.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 7 of 9
Teacher

the uncooked voodo magic worked on my girlfriend iPhone 4g last night. she spilled orange soda on it and the phone quit work for a couple of days. she placed it in the rice canis
Message 8 of 9
Teacher

nister over night and when she turn Ed it on , it worked. my phone is still dead so I guess the Coke spirit is stronger than the orange spirit.
Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support