Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 18, 2013
8:21:02 PM
View profile
Alarm and text alerts sounds not working

this is the deal. If I get a call, the ringer sound works, but the sound for the alarm and text is not sounding off. Does anyone know what the problem may be. iPhone 4s. thank you.

this is the deal. If I get a call, the ringer sound works, but the sound for the alarm and text is not sounding off. Does anyone know what the problem may be. iPhone 4s. thank you.

Alarm and text alerts sounds not working

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 9:36:20 PM
(0)
Master

Look in settings and sounds see if it selected a tone also you can select which sound or tone you want.

Look in settings and sounds see if it selected a tone also you can select which sound or tone you want.

Re: Alarm and text alerts sounds not working

2 of 4 (418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 2:33:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

In addition to what OZ suggests, also check to make sure that you don't have the iOS "Do Not Disturb" feature activated, and make sure the "silnce switch" isn't enabled.  You might also check the volume settigns to make sure it is not turned down too low to hear.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

In addition to what OZ suggests, also check to make sure that you don't have the iOS "Do Not Disturb" feature activated, and make sure the "silnce switch" isn't enabled.  You might also check the volume settigns to make sure it is not turned down too low to hear.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (367 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 10:06:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by jane697 on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:14:00 AM

GeekBoy wrote:

Ok maybe I'm missing something, but if the "silence switch" had been enabled on the OP's phone...how would he have been able to report that he could hear the ringer when he was receiving incoming calls...not unless you're implying that the silence switch (when enabled) doesn't actually silence the ringer for inbound calls?

If checking the sound-related settings don't check out, then I would imagine the next step would be to reboot your phone...then if that doesn't do it, then a restore from backup (or restore as new).  Worse case scenario is a hardware issue but since OP indicated that he can hear the ringer go off on incoming calls, my guess is something software-related.

GeekBoy wrote:

Ok maybe I'm missing something, but if the "silence switch" had been enabled on the OP's phone...how would he have been able to report that he could hear the ringer when he was receiving incoming calls...not unless you're implying that the silence switch (when enabled) doesn't actually silence the ringer for inbound calls?

If checking the sound-related settings don't check out, then I would imagine the next step would be to reboot your phone...then if that doesn't do it, then a restore from backup (or restore as new).  Worse case scenario is a hardware issue but since OP indicated that he can hear the ringer go off on incoming calls, my guess is something software-related.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (326 Views)