Aircard to Wireless

Highlighted
Contributor

Aircard to Wireless

I currently have a Sierra Wireless aircard on my account as a line, I no longer use it since all other lines on my account are smartphones and use hotspot or tethering on our MobileShare plan, Is there a way that I can convert this line that uses the Sierra Wireless aircard into a wireless line for another cell phone? 

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Aircard to Wireless

I would say call AT&T or walk into a corporate store and tell them you wish to port over a line to AT&T, and choosing your device. Smiley Happy

Make sure to have the account number for the device and any PIN the account might have, if any.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (230 Views)
Employee

Re: Aircard to Wireless

Visit a Company Owned Retail Store and let them know what you want to do. If you already own the device you want to work on that line, bring it along, too. If the line has a commitment on it, you will not be able to take advantage of the full discount of a phone by upgrading that line, however if it is out of contract or available to upgrade, you may do so. 

Once the representative changes the SIM card and IMEI information for the line, the pricing of that line will change from the $20 data device on your Mobile Share to either the blanket $30 price for a basic phone or the smartphone price point for your specific plan, so expect to pay just a little bit more each month. You'll then be able to use that line as an actual phone line.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.