After Downloading IOS 7, my battery drains quickly, but also get very, very warm

Contributor

After Downloading IOS 7, my battery drains quickly, but also get very, very warm

After downloading IOS 7 to my iPhone 4, the battery drains extremely fast...but even worse, my phone gets so warm it is actually uncomfortable to hold.  Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (843 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: After Downloading IOS 7, my battery drains quickly, but also get very, very warm

[ Edited ]

Turn off background refresh in your iPhone 4. Settings> General> Background App Refresh, also close all apps running in background. Not just press home button and forget about it.Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (819 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: After Downloading IOS 7, my battery drains quickly, but also get very, very warm

srcraven wrote:

After downloading IOS 7 to my iPhone 4, the battery drains extremely fast...but even worse, my phone gets so warm it is actually uncomfortable to hold.  Anyone else have this issue?

Let me guess, did you do your iPhone update OTA?   I have found that when updating iOS OTA, that something in the internal settings seems to get "corrupted" and for me, performing a "Reset Network Settigns" followed by a manual reset of the device (Home + Wake/Sleep buttons) seems to resolve the rapid battery drain.  I have also found that performing an install through iTunes generally resoves/prevents the problems.

Now, with your iPhone getting hot to the touch, it means that the processor is busy running and they is why the device it hot (it ia probably also why the battery is draining very quickly).  If you have a system monitoring tool that can show your running processes, you might be able to track down the one which is eating your CPU cycles and driving your heat up.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (800 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Another thing I did, that dramatically improved my battery life, is reduce motion (aka disable parallax effects):

Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion.

I was excited for this parallax thing, but then kind of disappointed by it anyway.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (771 Views)
Guru

id do a fresh install with a computer and itunes

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Another thing I did, that dramatically improved my battery life, is reduce motion (aka disable parallax effects):

Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion.

I was excited for this parallax thing, but then kind of disappointed by it anyway.

Dmitriy

Iphone 4 shouldnt have parallax 

Message 5 of 7 (761 Views)
Tutor

Have to updated to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

If so, has the battery issue been resolved?

Message 6 of 7 (659 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Williamt1 wrote:

Have to updated to iOS 7.0.3 yet?

If so, has the battery issue been resolved?

Have you gone through settings and turned off all the autosync features? I unplug my iphone at 5AM and plug it back in at around 9PM and the battery is at 75 percent, that is with email and a lot of talk time during that period

Message 7 of 7 (656 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.