Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 19, 2013
2:00:26 PM
View profile
Adding a Unlimited Data plan onto my account.

So I have just added a phone line to my account that has unlimited data. I had an individual plan before, and now have a family talk nation plan.  Eventually I would like to absorb the data plan as my own with my original plan phone number and then cancel the previous non-unlimited line and just keep the unlimited data line on the account with my original phone number. Is this possible? and does this steps sound about right?

1. Swap Phone numbers with Unlimited Data and Non-Unlimited Data internally within the family plan.

2. Cancel the limited data line

3. Revert back to individual plan. 

So I have just added a phone line to my account that has unlimited data. I had an individual plan before, and now have a family talk nation plan.  Eventually I would like to absorb the data plan as my own with my original plan phone number and then cancel the previous non-unlimited line and just keep the unlimited data line on the account with my original phone number. Is this possible? and does this steps sound about right?

1. Swap Phone numbers with Unlimited Data and Non-Unlimited Data internally within the family plan.

2. Cancel the limited data line

3. Revert back to individual plan. 

Adding a Unlimited Data plan onto my account.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 5:06:49 AM
(0)
Professor

An unlimited data plan cannot be moved to a different line.

An unlimited data plan cannot be moved to a different line.

Re: Adding a Unlimited Data plan onto my account.

2 of 3 (483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 11:11:49 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:12:46 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you added a new line with the unlimited data plan? Are you talking about a non-smartphone data plan? There was no unlimited smartphone plan available for few years now.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying you added a new line with the unlimited data plan? Are you talking about a non-smartphone data plan? There was no unlimited smartphone plan available for few years now.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Adding a Unlimited Data plan onto my account.

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (462 Views)