Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2013
12:25:39 AM
View profile
Adding Phone number won't save

Trying to add my number into my Microcell, yes it's an AT&T number, I enter it then enter the nickname and hit save at the bottom of the page, but it will not save, I click save and it just brings me back to the enter phone number page, my number is already entered, but if I leave that page, the number will not save. Any suggestions? 

Trying to add my number into my Microcell, yes it's an AT&T number, I enter it then enter the nickname and hit save at the bottom of the page, but it will not save, I click save and it just brings me back to the enter phone number page, my number is already entered, but if I leave that page, the number will not save. Any suggestions? 

Adding Phone number won't save

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:30:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sounds like a problem with the MicroCell Registration page. Do you have to add a "1" before your area code? Some areas are requiring that now. I'm assuming you're trying to put it under Primary Account holder if it's your account.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Sounds like a problem with the MicroCell Registration page. Do you have to add a "1" before your area code? Some areas are requiring that now. I'm assuming you're trying to put it under Primary Account holder if it's your account.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Adding Phone number won't save

2 of 20 (6,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:42:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I'm somewhat confused.  Is this part of the initial activation procedure or have you already activated your Mcell and are trying to add an additional number?  Is the number you are trying to add the primary account holder's number?  Are you the primary account holder?

After logging into "myAT&T", did you then select the "I want to" pull-down menu and choose "Manage my plan and services" and then select "Manage 3G Microcell"?

You should now be on the "Link Your AT&T 3G Microcell to a Wireless Phone Number" page.  What numbers do you see on that page?  One of those numbers should be the primary account holder's number and that will have the Microcell's serial number listed directly below it.  If there are any other numbers listed that do not have the Microcell serial number listed underneath it and you select one of them, you will be directed to an activation page.

If you select the primary account holder's number with the serial number underneath it, you will then be directed to the "Manage AT&T 3G Microcell Settings" page.  Down at the bottom of the page is the "Your 3G MicroCell Device Approved User List".  There is the list of numbers allowed to use your Microcell.

The first number listed should be the primary account holder's number.  It will only allow you to change the nickname of that person.  You can not delete the name.  Any names listed below that will allow you to change the nickname or delete the number.

If you select the "Add a new AT&T number to the Approved User List" link listed above the numbers you will be directed to the "Manage your AT&T 3G Microcell Approved Users List".  Any numbers already on the list will be shown and greyed out.  They can not be modified on this page.  Only a new number can be added and saved.

To help you, we need to know what you are specifically seeing on these pages mentioned above.  Please respond with the additional information and we'll try to provide you help.

I'm somewhat confused.  Is this part of the initial activation procedure or have you already activated your Mcell and are trying to add an additional number?  Is the number you are trying to add the primary account holder's number?  Are you the primary account holder?

After logging into "myAT&T", did you then select the "I want to" pull-down menu and choose "Manage my plan and services" and then select "Manage 3G Microcell"?

You should now be on the "Link Your AT&T 3G Microcell to a Wireless Phone Number" page.  What numbers do you see on that page?  One of those numbers should be the primary account holder's number and that will have the Microcell's serial number listed directly below it.  If there are any other numbers listed that do not have the Microcell serial number listed underneath it and you select one of them, you will be directed to an activation page.

If you select the primary account holder's number with the serial number underneath it, you will then be directed to the "Manage AT&T 3G Microcell Settings" page.  Down at the bottom of the page is the "Your 3G MicroCell Device Approved User List".  There is the list of numbers allowed to use your Microcell.

The first number listed should be the primary account holder's number.  It will only allow you to change the nickname of that person.  You can not delete the name.  Any names listed below that will allow you to change the nickname or delete the number.

If you select the "Add a new AT&T number to the Approved User List" link listed above the numbers you will be directed to the "Manage your AT&T 3G Microcell Approved Users List".  Any numbers already on the list will be shown and greyed out.  They can not be modified on this page.  Only a new number can be added and saved.

To help you, we need to know what you are specifically seeing on these pages mentioned above.  Please respond with the additional information and we'll try to provide you help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 20 (6,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 9:54:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Avedis53 on Sep 5, 2013 at 9:56:39 AM

The Approved User List does not require the 1 be added before the area code from what I can see.  If you are having problems with the webpage, I'd suggest calling AT&T and mentioning your problem with adding a number.  I'm sure they can add one for you if the webpage is acting up.

The Approved User List does not require the 1 be added before the area code from what I can see.  If you are having problems with the webpage, I'd suggest calling AT&T and mentioning your problem with adding a number.  I'm sure they can add one for you if the webpage is acting up.

[ Edited ]
4 of 20 (6,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 2:37:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Microcell is already activated, has main account phone number and additional AT&T numbers already set up with the Microcell. My issue is this, I'll attempt to make it as simple as possible.

I log into the AT&T 3g Microcell management page, located here (https://www.att.com/3gmicrocell/unauth/login.do?target=FOAMS) scroll down and hit "Add a new AT&T number to this approved user list", when this page opens I see the main account number and the additional number that was already entered weeks ago listed, and greyed out. That is not the issue here. I enter the number I wish to add to the approved user list, and then enter the nickname. I scroll down and hit the "Save" button located at the bottom right of the end of the list, when I hit "Save", I am brought back to the approved user list page, however, it has not saved. The number I am trying to add to the list IS STILL ENTERED, however, it is not greyed out, indicating that it has not been added to the list. 

Microcell is already activated, has main account phone number and additional AT&T numbers already set up with the Microcell. My issue is this, I'll attempt to make it as simple as possible.

I log into the AT&T 3g Microcell management page, located here (https://www.att.com/3gmicrocell/unauth/login.do?target=FOAMS) scroll down and hit "Add a new AT&T number to this approved user list", when this page opens I see the main account number and the additional number that was already entered weeks ago listed, and greyed out. That is not the issue here. I enter the number I wish to add to the approved user list, and then enter the nickname. I scroll down and hit the "Save" button located at the bottom right of the end of the list, when I hit "Save", I am brought back to the approved user list page, however, it has not saved. The number I am trying to add to the list IS STILL ENTERED, however, it is not greyed out, indicating that it has not been added to the list. 

5 of 20 (6,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 2:44:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is the phone number you want to add an active AT&T phone number? If it is, I would contact CustomerCare (see link in my sig), explain the issue and give your account details and have them look into it. That basically by-passes the normal phone support. Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you having difficulty adding to the list?

Is the phone number you want to add an active AT&T phone number? If it is, I would contact CustomerCare (see link in my sig), explain the issue and give your account details and have them look into it. That basically by-passes the normal phone support. Out of curiosity, what kind of phone are you having difficulty adding to the list?

6 of 20 (6,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 3:16:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Number is an active AT&T number, trying to add an iPhone 5. However, other numbers won't add either. 

Number is an active AT&T number, trying to add an iPhone 5. However, other numbers won't add either. 

7 of 20 (6,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 3:20:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Sep 5, 2013 at 3:21:38 PM

Then I'd suggest calling support and see if there is something amiss with your account (you may have to deactivate/reactivate) that they can correct on their end or pm CustomerCare. Something is obviously not right. It almost sounds like your account is locked. The MicroCell does work for the primary phone doesn't it?

Then I'd suggest calling support and see if there is something amiss with your account (you may have to deactivate/reactivate) that they can correct on their end or pm CustomerCare. Something is obviously not right. It almost sounds like your account is locked. The MicroCell does work for the primary phone doesn't it?

[ Edited ]
8 of 20 (6,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 3:37:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, the numbers already on the list work just fine with the Microcell. I will be contacted customer support ASAP. 

Yes, the numbers already on the list work just fine with the Microcell. I will be contacted customer support ASAP. 

9 of 20 (6,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 6:10:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Sep 5, 2013 at 6:11:53 PM

Ok. Let us know what happens. Are you the account holder? If not, that may be why you can't add additional numbers.

Ok. Let us know what happens. Are you the account holder? If not, that may be why you can't add additional numbers.

[ Edited ]
10 of 20 (6,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 1:09:56 PM
(0)
Voyager
I have the same exact problem as the Original Poster. I get to the "add number" page, add the number but when I press the save button, the screen blinks and goes right back to the add page with the number showing. It never saves. I have tried it on several computers.

I have also had trouple logging onto my account on AT&Ts web site. I hit the forgot my logon name and it says it doesn't know me, so I go back to the logon page which looks different now, BTY and I can logon normally. Crazy code some where. I just want to add a number to my micro-cell though.
I have the same exact problem as the Original Poster. I get to the "add number" page, add the number but when I press the save button, the screen blinks and goes right back to the add page with the number showing. It never saves. I have tried it on several computers.

I have also had trouple logging onto my account on AT&Ts web site. I hit the forgot my logon name and it says it doesn't know me, so I go back to the logon page which looks different now, BTY and I can logon normally. Crazy code some where. I just want to add a number to my micro-cell though.

11 of 20 (6,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 1:12:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yeah, this is sounding more and more like an Activation Page issue or something wonky with the site in general. I'd contact CustomerCare (PM link is in my sig), tell them what the problem is and what you've done and give them your account info. The more they can document the same issue from different customers, the quicker the IT guys will look into it.

Yeah, this is sounding more and more like an Activation Page issue or something wonky with the site in general. I'd contact CustomerCare (PM link is in my sig), tell them what the problem is and what you've done and give them your account info. The more they can document the same issue from different customers, the quicker the IT guys will look into it.

12 of 20 (6,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 1:39:19 PM
(0)
Voyager
Otto, thanks and I sent a PM to your link.
Otto, thanks and I sent a PM to your link.

13 of 20 (6,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 3:55:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Report back and let us know what happens.

Report back and let us know what happens.

14 of 20 (6,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 7:01:03 PM
(0)
Voyager

I got an e-mail from AT&T telling me how to add the number, but it still won't save on their web site. I guess I will need to call tech support to resolve this.

I got an e-mail from AT&T telling me how to add the number, but it still won't save on their web site. I guess I will need to call tech support to resolve this.

15 of 20 (5,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 8:22:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Something is not quite right. Calling support might be an exercise in futility. Let us know what happens.

Something is not quite right. Calling support might be an exercise in futility. Let us know what happens.

16 of 20 (5,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 9:32:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was having this issue.  I use a Mac.  I was using Firefox as my web browser.  I switched over to Safari , an alternative browser, and I was able to add the new number.  Maybe giving another browser a try will work for you - if on a PC, perhaps Chrome.

I was having this issue.  I use a Mac.  I was using Firefox as my web browser.  I switched over to Safari , an alternative browser, and I was able to add the new number.  Maybe giving another browser a try will work for you - if on a PC, perhaps Chrome.

17 of 20 (5,230 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 9:55:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

That's certainly odd. Maybe it had something to do with the particular version of FireFox. I know a couple of version back I was unable to remotely access my security cams at home and had to use Safari. But now with the most recent version of FireFox, everything is back to normal. Using a different browser is a good idea and one that a lot of us forget about when we have issues such as registrations, sending info, etc. Might be a good idea to include that in the Technical Guide. Thanks.

That's certainly odd. Maybe it had something to do with the particular version of FireFox. I know a couple of version back I was unable to remotely access my security cams at home and had to use Safari. But now with the most recent version of FireFox, everything is back to normal. Using a different browser is a good idea and one that a lot of us forget about when we have issues such as registrations, sending info, etc. Might be a good idea to include that in the Technical Guide. Thanks.

18 of 20 (5,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 6:15:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

I followed the recommendation about changing my browser. I use a MacPro and I changed from Firefox to Safari. I was able to add two new numbers without any problem. Before with Firefox, I tried three times to make the additons and they all failed. Stongly recommend you change the brower you have been using and try another one.

I followed the recommendation about changing my browser. I use a MacPro and I changed from Firefox to Safari. I was able to add two new numbers without any problem. Before with Firefox, I tried three times to make the additons and they all failed. Stongly recommend you change the brower you have been using and try another one.

19 of 20 (4,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 6:48:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad to hear that changing browsers worked. Don't know why that should be but with all of the updates that the various browsers get, it's not surprising that something will get fubared every now and then.

Glad to hear that changing browsers worked. Don't know why that should be but with all of the updates that the various browsers get, it's not surprising that something will get fubared every now and then.

20 of 20 (4,650 Views)