Activation

Contributor

Activation

I've gotten an iPhone 5 from my brother and he took his sim for his new iphone 5, I connected it to iTunes to get the update and it restored it and I'm stuck in the activation screen, so I was wondering if I bough a SIM card from amazon can I still activate it ? I don't want service I just want to get out of the activation screen.
Message 1 of 3 (360 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Activation

[ Edited ]

Did you buy the iPhone from an AT&T store or apple store?

You need to activate the phone with the SIM it came with at first. This was a security mechanism put in by Apple.

If you don't have the SIM card, I would stop by my nearest att store and see if they can give a new sim you can use to activate the phone for use.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (288 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Activation

The best option would be to put your brother's sim back in just to complete the activation. Once that is done, he can put the sim back into his phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (254 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.