Activation GoPhone failed without wireless number

Highlighted
Contributor

Activation GoPhone failed without wireless number

I just tried to activate my GoPhone Sim Card. The registration process worked properly. After submitting the information, I didn't receive a wireless number or a confirmation by mail.

If I try the registration process again, I will always get the information: "GP036: SIM was activated as Pay as you Go service. Please Click to check the activation. When trying to check the activation, I only see the normal registration page without further information.

At the moment I am not in the USA. So, a mail address for support would be great to get at least my wireless number.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards!

Message 1 of 4 (409 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Activation GoPhone failed without wireless number

I believe there is a problem because you're not in US, and the phone, with an active SIM, must be connected to AT&T's network to complete activation. I can't make any promises, but you can send us a private message by clicking here and our team will be happy to help with whatever we can.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (367 Views)
Contributor

did this get resolved?
I have just bought a sim card, I activated it but as it was doing the "activation" the browser crashed. I have no phone number and it won't let me re-do the activation it keeps saying error it has already been activated.

I  can't log in to do chat because I don't have a phone number or log in info to do it.

HELP! How do I know what my phone number is!

Message 3 of 4 (341 Views)
Master

I would call customer service - 1-800-331-0500 - just press "0" at the menu option that requests your phone number and you'll ultimately be routed to a support agent w/o having to provide your wireless phone number.

Alternatively, you can use the link to ATTCustomerService provided in the post above by ATTDmitriyCM.

wendlle wrote:

did this get resolved?
I have just bought a sim card, I activated it but as it was doing the "activation" the browser crashed. I have no phone number and it won't let me re-do the activation it keeps saying error it has already been activated.

I  can't log in to do chat because I don't have a phone number or log in info to do it.

HELP! How do I know what my phone number is!

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.