Helpful Links

Activate other user sim who is outside USA

Contributor

Activate other user sim who is outside USA

Hi

My friend came to USA on Aug'2013 and bought a sim from AT&T (without international connection). He left USA end of AUG and now he is in his country. Now he will come to USA again and wants to be sure that his number is active. I tried to call his number just to check the announcement. It says "The number you have dial is not a working number". Now how can i know if the number is still active or not? If i refil his account from here will the connection will be reactivated again? Or what is the way?

Regards

Farooqui

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Activate other user sim who is outside USA

alfarooqui wrote:

Hi

My friend came to USA on Aug'2013 and bought a sim from AT&T (without international connection). He left USA end of AUG and now he is in his country. Now he will come to USA again and wants to be sure that his number is active. I tried to call his number just to check the announcement. It says "The number you have dial is not a working number". Now how can i know if the number is still active or not? If i refil his account from here will the connection will be reactivated again? Or what is the way?

Regards

Farooqui

When your friend has bought his SIM card he put some money on it. The rule for the SIM card validity is that it will be valid for 60 days following the balance expiration. The balance expiration depends on the amount of money deposited into the account and the plan. Without knowing all of it is hard to tell whether the SIM card is invalid already or still within the 60 day grace period, during which it can be reactivated by adding money.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hi

He left on end of Aug. So it is already 4 months after he left USA. So it is even more than 60 days.

So now if i call customer care will they provide me the information if his connection is still active or not (not sure about the privacy policy)?

Even it is not active how can we activate it again? I can add money to his account but before that i have to be sure it will work.

Regards

Farooqui

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

alfarooqui wrote:

Hi

He left on end of Aug. So it is already 4 months after he left USA. So it is even more than 60 days.

So now if i call customer care will they provide me the information if his connection is still active or not (not sure about the privacy policy)?

Even it is not active how can we activate it again? I can add money to his account but before that i have to be sure it will work.

Regards

Farooqui

The simplest thing for you to do would be to buy a new GoPhone SIM/service. Customer service will likely not tell you anything, it's probably not even worth calling. In most cases getting a new SIM & adding some money to it will cost you just the amount you put on the SIM, they'll give you the card for free.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support