Acquiring Data Service

Contributor

Acquiring Data Service

I'm at a loss for what to do.  I've used an ATT Quicksilver USB for a few years now.  It worked fine last Tuesday, but when I tried to use it on Thursday it gets stuck on Acquiring Data Service and never allows me to connect.  I hadn't changed anything on my computer between those times.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Communcation Manager.  It happens no matter what the signal strength etc.  I've double checked that the SIM card is seated properly.  I've even made sure to install the Windows updates.  

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
Expert

Re: Acquiring Data Service

Labriah wrote:

I'm at a loss for what to do.  I've used an ATT Quicksilver USB for a few years now.  It worked fine last Tuesday, but when I tried to use it on Thursday it gets stuck on Acquiring Data Service and never allows me to connect.  I hadn't changed anything on my computer between those times.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Communcation Manager.  It happens no matter what the signal strength etc.  I've double checked that the SIM card is seated properly.  I've even made sure to install the Windows updates.  

Any ideas?

there is a trouble shooting guide here

http://attsupport.option.com/att/quicksilver

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support