Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 7, 2013
9:26:25 AM
View profile
Account Fraud

I received an email earlier today from Att_Update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with the following information: 

Thank you for choosing AT&T!
This email confirms recent activity related to your wireless account and explains how to access your Customer Service Summary where you will find: 

• An outline of your services
  • An estimate of your next bill
  • Your calling plan
  • General account information

To access your Customer Service Summary, click here and login (or set up initial registration) to myAT&T. 

Note: If your Customer Service Summary does not display, make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat Reader for free.

At myAT&T you can:
  • View and pay your bill
  • Learn about your mobile device
  • Manage your plan and features
  • Find answers to commonly asked questions
  • Track your usage
  • Locate Wi-Fi hotspots

Once you complete the myAT&T registration, you can manage your account from most devices using the myAT&T app. To learn how to use the app simply click here.

From your mobile device you can:
Check your balance using *BAL# and press SEND
Check remaining minutes using *MIN# and press SEND
Check remaining data using *DATA# and press SEND
Pay your bill using *PAY and press SEND
Check phone upgrade discount availability using *NEW# and press SEND 

There may be delays processing network call records. "Minutes Remaining" may not include airtime used within the last two to five days and does not include recent roaming minutes due to delayed processing

Visit att.com/StarServices for more information

Note: An eligible data plan is required for all smartphones including iPhone. This data plan covers data usage in the U.S. and does not cover international data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using a smartphone without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee. 

This email was auto-generated. Please do not respond.
Privacy Policy|Terms of Use 
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

The thing is...I have NEVER had any service with AT&T in my name. Is this a scam or is the about email address a valid one with AT&T? If that is the case, then how do I go about getting this corrected? I have not recently requested a credit report but plan on doing so ASAP to ensure this issue isn't affecting my credit if someone is using my identity to have a wireless account. I tried to get to somewhere that I could get to customer service but since I don't have account in my name it was not going anywhere.

Thanks for the help in advance!

I received an email earlier today from Att_Update@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with the following information: 

This email confirms recent activity related to your wireless account and explains how to access your Customer Service Summary where you will find: 

• Your calling plan

To access your Customer Service Summary, click here and login (or set up initial registration) to myAT&T. 

Note: If your Customer Service Summary does not display, make sure you have Adobe Acrobat® Reader®. Download Acrobat Reader for free.

At myAT&T you can:
  • View and pay your bill
  • Track your usage
  • Locate Wi-Fi hotspots

Once you complete the myAT&T registration, you can manage your account from most devices using the myAT&T app. To learn how to use the app simply click here.

There may be delays processing network call records. "Minutes Remaining" may not include airtime used within the last two to five days and does not include recent roaming minutes due to delayed processing

Note: An eligible data plan is required for all smartphones including iPhone. This data plan covers data usage in the U.S. and does not cover international data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using a smartphone without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee. 

© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.

The thing is...I have NEVER had any service with AT&T in my name. Is this a scam or is the about email address a valid one with AT&T? If that is the case, then how do I go about getting this corrected? I have not recently requested a credit report but plan on doing so ASAP to ensure this issue isn't affecting my credit if someone is using my identity to have a wireless account. I tried to get to somewhere that I could get to customer service but since I don't have account in my name it was not going anywhere.

Account Fraud

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2013 11:03:12 AM
(0)
Expert

zac.renfro wrote:

• Your calling plan

At myAT&T you can:
  • View and pay your bill
  • Track your usage
  • Locate Wi-Fi hotspots

would suggest 3 things

first call them or send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

second pull all three of your credit reports to verify nothing else is amiss

third contact all three of the crdit reporting organizations and place a fraud flag on your account

It appears that someone had enough of the required information to open a account with your information

the MX record seems to check out

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aamcustomercare.att-mail.com

and the result IP records look right

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/209.65.176.173

zac.renfro wrote:

• Your calling plan

At myAT&T you can:
  • View and pay your bill
  • Track your usage
  • Locate Wi-Fi hotspots

would suggest 3 things

first call them or send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

second pull all three of your credit reports to verify nothing else is amiss

third contact all three of the crdit reporting organizations and place a fraud flag on your account

It appears that someone had enough of the required information to open a account with your information

the MX record seems to check out

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3aamcustomercare.att-mail.com

and the result IP records look right

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/209.65.176.173

Re: Account Fraud

2 of 4 (2,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 3:30:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by cathy2981 on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:33:23 PM

My name is Michael and I didn't request any service from your company AT&T please contact me so this issue can beesolve at once. I have contact your fraud department and nothing has been done. I continue receiveing bills or statement requesting payment for phones I did not order nor can I afford.  I have reported this to the 3 major credit offices as well as your fraud department. Please contact me with information on correcting this situation so that my personnel information can't continue being use as fraud. If anyone know what I can do please email me at [Personal content removed for your safety]

My name is Michael and I didn't request any service from your company AT&T please contact me so this issue can beesolve at once. I have contact your fraud department and nothing has been done. I continue receiveing bills or statement requesting payment for phones I did not order nor can I afford.  I have reported this to the 3 major credit offices as well as your fraud department. Please contact me with information on correcting this situation so that my personnel information can't continue being use as fraud. If anyone know what I can do please email me at [Personal content removed for your safety]

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (1,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 5:07:16 PM
(0)
Expert

mikemc219 wrote:

be pro-active - I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

check the credit reports from the 3 companies, someone has enough of your information to open an account

mikemc219 wrote:

be pro-active - I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

check the credit reports from the 3 companies, someone has enough of your information to open an account

4 of 4 (1,884 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments