ATT wireless Unlimited Data is limited to 5Gb

Tutor

Re: ATT wireless Unlimited Data is limited to 5Gb

Trust me...I have done so. And you stated the right word "CONTRACT". If it isn't in the original contract how much data I must use OR ELSE then there is a BREACH of "CONTRACT". Thanks!
Message 46 of 55 (2,169 Views)
Professor

Shaw06 wrote:
Trust me...I have done so. And you stated the right word "CONTRACT". If it isn't in the original contract how much data I must use OR ELSE then there is a BREACH of "CONTRACT". Thanks!

They aren't limiting how MUCH data you can use, just how fast.  There still is no limit on the AMOUNT of data you can use.  Is there anything written in your contract that states that all of your unlimited data will be provided at the same speed?

AT&T started data throttling a couple of years ago.  If no one has been able successful in making them reverse that in that time.........................  I'm just sayin'

Message 47 of 55 (2,150 Views)
Tutor

Duh!!! The decreased speed is based on my data usage. Duh!!! Oh...and not to mention to the point where I can't use Internet AT ALL!! Excuse me but this isn't rocket science and trust me I will update you at a later date. Unless I have to sign a clause not to do so because they decided to settle and remove throttle parameters from our accounts. Have a great evening!
Message 48 of 55 (2,140 Views)
Expert

Shaw06 wrote:

Sorry if you did read it you missed a major point concerning what you claim you are going to do, hint the word starts with begins with arbi. Look at section 2.2 of the user agreement.

Point 1 a data plan is a feature not part of the contractual agreement so it can be modified or removed at any time with no reprecussions to the contract. The example of this is that you can replace the smartphone with a basic device and remove the data at any time during the two year contractual agreement and not have any "breach of contract" on your part. Only the voice portion of the service is the contract on a smartphone, everything else is a feature that can be added or remved any time during the 2 year  contract if it is not required by the device type

Point 2 the fup states that if the carriers determines that there is an abuse of the feature steps can be taken, the determination of what constitutes abuse is left to the carrier section 6.2, again something you agreed to when you entered into the voice contract

Ya ain't got a leg to stand on but hey it is your time and money

Message 49 of 55 (2,132 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Once again...scare tactics don't work here!! No need to add your 2 cents as I it will not make a difference. Besides what you just typed isn't in my agreement.

Have fun doing seething more constructive.
Message 50 of 55 (2,101 Views)
Tutor

"Something more constructive"
Message 51 of 55 (2,100 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

From your subject, I can tell that you have a newer iPhone (iPhone 5, 5c or 5s).  Since the last iPhoen which could still be purchased as a new line with a new data plan that could get an unlimited data plan was the iPhoen 3Gs, it is fairly obvious that you have upgraded your iPhone at least once since your original contract.  With each new iPhone you have updated to, you have been presented with the TOS which you agreed to in order to use the service. 

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

BTW, had you not upgraded to an LTE capable device, you would have known that the unlimited data plans are throttled at 3GB for 3G or slower devices, not the 5GB limit for LTE capable devices.  We actually upgraded my wife from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5 a year ago because she was hitting that lower throttling 3GB limit on her iPhone 4 (limited to 3G service).

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 52 of 55 (2,091 Views)
Expert

Shaw06 wrote:
Once again...scare tactics don't work here!! No need to add your 2 cents as I it will not make a difference. Besides what you just typed isn't in my agreement.

Have fun doing seething more constructive.

really - here you go, links to the mentioned section that you do not have in your "agreement"

Section 2.2 - http://www.att.com/shop/en/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement#arbAgreement

Section 6.2 - http://www.att.com/shop/en/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement#whatAreTheIntendedPurpos...

• If you are an AT&T unlimited data plan customer, AT&T may migrate you from the unlimited data plan to a tiered data plan and bill you the appropriate monthly fees. We will provide you with notice of this change at least one billing cycle in advance either by a bill insert, email, text message, or other appropriate means;
  • AT&T may interrupt, suspend, cancel or terminate your wireless data services without advance notice.

• Unlimited Data Customers. If you are a grandfathered AT&T unlimited plan data service customer, you agree that “unlimited” means you pay a fixed monthly charge for wireless data service regardless of how much data you use. You further agree that “unlimited” does not mean that you can use AT&T’s wireless data service in any way that you choose or for any prohibited activities, and that if you use your unlimited data plan in any manner that is prohibited, AT&T can limit, restrict, suspend or terminate your data service or switch you to a tiered data plan

Message 53 of 55 (2,068 Views)
Scholar

Shaw06 wrote:
Duh!!! The decreased speed is based on my data usage. Duh!!! Oh...and not to mention to the point where I can't use Internet AT ALL!! Excuse me but this isn't rocket science and trust me I will update you at a later date. Unless I have to sign a clause not to do so because they decided to settle and remove throttle parameters from our accounts. Have a great evening!

Again, as others have pointed out--show us where it says that you are guaranteed a set/minimum (download) speed?  You paid for a service that permits you to access AT&T's data network, not for being able to access it at speeds acceptable to you.

Message 54 of 55 (2,054 Views)
Community Manager

I'd like to thank everyone for participating. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and is now closed.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 55 of 55 (2,039 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.