ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!

Contributor

ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!

[ Edited ]

I went to the ATT store No. 10356 at Coconut Point Mall in Estero Florida to have my phone activated.

I was charged me $25 for a $15 activation kit. (they said there is new $10 prepaid activation fee)

The sales rep then tried for over one hour to activate my phone.  They could not do it.

So I said just refund my $25.

The salels rep said NO REFUNDS.

The store manager, George, Ervin, said NO REFUNDS.

They kept my SIM card (they put it in another phone trying to get it to work).

Now I have no activation, no SIM card, and I am out $25.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)
Master

Re: ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!

Unless there truly is a new $10 prepaid activation fee that I have not heard about, there are absolutely no activation fees associated with prepaid GoPhone service. There never have been and there probably never will be.

I wonder why they were unable to activate your phone for you? And they kept your SIM card...?

This issue needs to be taken to higher levels of AT&T management.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4 (445 Views)
Community Manager

Thanks Wild Banchi!

Bosco941, that definitely doesn't sound right. If you don't mind, please send us a message by clicking here so we can track down the store and find out what's going on. Do you know if it was a corporate store? Or was it an authorized retailer?

In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have the address of the store you went to and any details about the representative that worked with you, that would be helpful, as would an account number, if you ever received one.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)
Community Support

Hi bosco941,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 4 (419 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.