Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 6, 2013
3:07:07 AM
View profile
ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!
Edited by bosco941 on Oct 6, 2013 at 3:08:32 AM

I went to the ATT store No. 10356 at Coconut Point Mall in Estero Florida to have my phone activated.

I was charged me $25 for a $15 activation kit. (they said there is new $10 prepaid activation fee)

The sales rep then tried for over one hour to activate my phone.  They could not do it.

So I said just refund my $25.

The salels rep said NO REFUNDS.

The store manager, George, Ervin, said NO REFUNDS.

They kept my SIM card (they put it in another phone trying to get it to work).

Now I have no activation, no SIM card, and I am out $25.

What can I do?

I went to the ATT store No. 10356 at Coconut Point Mall in Estero Florida to have my phone activated.

I was charged me $25 for a $15 activation kit. (they said there is new $10 prepaid activation fee)

The sales rep then tried for over one hour to activate my phone.  They could not do it.

So I said just refund my $25.

The salels rep said NO REFUNDS.

The store manager, George, Ervin, said NO REFUNDS.

They kept my SIM card (they put it in another phone trying to get it to work).

Now I have no activation, no SIM card, and I am out $25.

What can I do?

ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 7:05:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Unless there truly is a new $10 prepaid activation fee that I have not heard about, there are absolutely no activation fees associated with prepaid GoPhone service. There never have been and there probably never will be.

I wonder why they were unable to activate your phone for you? And they kept your SIM card...?

This issue needs to be taken to higher levels of AT&T management.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Unless there truly is a new $10 prepaid activation fee that I have not heard about, there are absolutely no activation fees associated with prepaid GoPhone service. There never have been and there probably never will be.

I wonder why they were unable to activate your phone for you? And they kept your SIM card...?

This issue needs to be taken to higher levels of AT&T management.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ATT store cannot activate my phone. No refunds!

2 of 4 (437 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 6:19:02 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thanks Wild Banchi!

Bosco941, that definitely doesn't sound right. If you don't mind, please send us a message by clicking here so we can track down the store and find out what's going on. Do you know if it was a corporate store? Or was it an authorized retailer?

In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have the address of the store you went to and any details about the representative that worked with you, that would be helpful, as would an account number, if you ever received one.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Thanks Wild Banchi!

Bosco941, that definitely doesn't sound right. If you don't mind, please send us a message by clicking here so we can track down the store and find out what's going on. Do you know if it was a corporate store? Or was it an authorized retailer?

In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. If you happen to have the address of the store you went to and any details about the representative that worked with you, that would be helpful, as would an account number, if you ever received one.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a reply. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 10:54:38 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi bosco941,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi bosco941,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

4 of 4 (411 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments