Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2013
7:14:21 AM
View profile
ATT.net email and Yahoo email have password errors on Lumia 920

Hello!

I have been happy with my Lumia 920 for about a year, and I have installed all the updates.  In the past few weeks, I have had trouble with using my xxxxxxx@att.net account (Uverse) and my Yahoo account.  They cannot both seem to exist on my phone at the same time.  Except for an occassional enter your password request, this had not been a problem before.  Now I can either have the att.net setup or the Yahoo, but not both - they attempt to sync, prompt for a password, then fail to sync.  Both accounts work just fine from PC/Mac.  I also have an exchange server (work) email and Gmail set up on this phone, no problems.

Attempts to fix include removing both accounts, adding them back one at a time, att.net first then Yahoo, etc, no luck.  I can't find any other messages in the forum about this...  Not the end of the world but I like to be able to fix things.

Thanks!

Carl

Hello!

I have been happy with my Lumia 920 for about a year, and I have installed all the updates.  In the past few weeks, I have had trouble with using my xxxxxxx@att.net account (Uverse) and my Yahoo account.  They cannot both seem to exist on my phone at the same time.  Except for an occassional enter your password request, this had not been a problem before.  Now I can either have the att.net setup or the Yahoo, but not both - they attempt to sync, prompt for a password, then fail to sync.  Both accounts work just fine from PC/Mac.  I also have an exchange server (work) email and Gmail set up on this phone, no problems.

Attempts to fix include removing both accounts, adding them back one at a time, att.net first then Yahoo, etc, no luck.  I can't find any other messages in the forum about this...  Not the end of the world but I like to be able to fix things.

Thanks!

Carl

ATT.net email and Yahoo email have password errors on Lumia 920

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2013 1:13:37 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Is your Yahoo account linked to att.net?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Is your Yahoo account linked to att.net?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: ATT.net email and Yahoo email have password errors on Lumia 920

2 of 3 (8,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 5:42:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by lylone on Nov 25, 2013 at 5:42:48 PM

If your yahoo account is a bizmail account then you need to do a search on your account for special settings.  I had that issue before I used the bizmail pop email settings.

If your yahoo account is a bizmail account then you need to do a search on your account for special settings.  I had that issue before I used the bizmail pop email settings.

Re: ATT.net email and Yahoo email have password errors on Lumia 920

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (8,629 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments