ATT keeps denting my unlock requests!

Highlighted
Contributor

ATT keeps denting my unlock requests!

They keep saying i've reached the maximum unlocks on my account. Which is crazy, because i've never unlocked a phone on my account. So then we tried it w/ my friends account, same message. So then i tried it w/ my mom's account, SAME MESSAGE! How is this possible? None of us have ever unlocked a phone, but ATT is saying we've all used our 5 unlocks.

Anybody else experience this issue?

We all have accounts in good standings. Been w/ ATT for years. Phone is out of contract. We meet every eligibility requirement. So what is going on?
Message 1 of 6 (852 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT keeps denting my unlock requests!

Sounds like a glitch to me. I've never experienced that, but I only unlocked 4 phones through AT&T. I've been denied once because the line hasn't been active long enough, but never for exceeding the number of unlocks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (793 Views)
Contributor

Ya, i don't get it. I tried it again on someone else's account today, and once again it was denied.

This is driving me nuts! 4 separate accounts, every one of them denied for reaching max number of unlocks.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 6 (792 Views)
ACE - Expert

The phone can only be unlocked from the account that the phone was on, not any other account. If you are trying to unlock a phone that was never on your account, it will be denied. Once you reach the number of unlock requests, then it will be denied automatically.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (767 Views)
ACE - Expert

kdfederer wrote:
The phone can only be unlocked from the account that the phone was on, not any other account. If you are trying to unlock a phone that was never on your account, it will be denied. Once you reach the number of unlock requests, then it will be denied automatically.

A week ago I bought a GoPhone from MS store, placed an unlock request using a line on my account and received an unlock code without any problems. The phone was never on my account, nor was it ever on any account. So the rule is obviously is not quite as hard, although it is possible that once a phone gets associated with an account further unlock requests have to come from that account.

Message 5 of 6 (763 Views)
Contributor

Well thats not true. Go to the rules of the unlock. As long as the phone is out of contract, all you need to be is a former or current ATT customer. It doesn't have to be linked to your account.

Where are you getting your information?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 6 (728 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.