Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 28, 2013
7:53:24 PM
ATT feedback

why dont you guys stop useing sim cards and setup a sysytem like Verizion has with iphone 5's they have no sim cards

why dont you guys stop useing sim cards and setup a sysytem like Verizion has with iphone 5's they have no sim cards

ATT feedback

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 1:45:59 AM
(0)
Professor

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Because Version uses a different technology (CDMA) than AT&T (GSM).  Getting rid of the SIM cards would require the replacement of AT&T's entire cellular network, and there seem little value in doing that.

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Because Version uses a different technology (CDMA) than AT&T (GSM).  Getting rid of the SIM cards would require the replacement of AT&T's entire cellular network, and there seem little value in doing that.

Re: ATT feedback

2 of 10 (826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 4:47:26 AM
(0)
Expert

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Actually a Verizon Iphone 5 does have a sim card, it allows the phone to be placed on international carriers that do GSM

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Actually a Verizon Iphone 5 does have a sim card, it allows the phone to be placed on international carriers that do GSM

3 of 10 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 9:03:53 AM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Doesn't Verizon's LTE network also work off that sim card?

wingrider01 wrote:

SLUSaintsFan wrote:

Doesn't Verizon's LTE network also work off that sim card?

4 of 10 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 9:25:53 AM
(0)
Master

I like the idea that a problem can be fixed by simply installing a new sim card rather than wait at a center for them to check out my phone are re-install their firmware.

They each have their pluses and minuses but world wide I believe the sim card is used by the majority of carriers.

I like the idea that a problem can be fixed by simply installing a new sim card rather than wait at a center for them to check out my phone are re-install their firmware.

They each have their pluses and minuses but world wide I believe the sim card is used by the majority of carriers.

5 of 10 (763 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 9:50:59 AM
(0)
Expert

oz_1 wrote:

been to many decades since telcomunications classes - but seem to remember vaguely tha only GSM networked phones use sims, but my aging memory could be failing.

oz_1 wrote:

been to many decades since telcomunications classes - but seem to remember vaguely tha only GSM networked phones use sims, but my aging memory could be failing.

6 of 10 (756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:34:16 AM
(0)
Master
My understanding is that as Verizon moves to LTE only phones and beyond, they will have sims. CDMA uses a different t process to register with their respective networks.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
My understanding is that as Verizon moves to LTE only phones and beyond, they will have sims. CDMA uses a different t process to register with their respective networks.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

7 of 10 (740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:35:13 AM
(0)
Master
To clarify, as stated previously, Verizon has a SIM card today too. A CDMA only phone does not need a SIM card.

To clarify, as stated previously, Verizon has a SIM card today too. A CDMA only phone does not need a SIM card.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 10 (739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 11:41:36 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jul 29, 2013 at 11:43:31 AM

youngjm wrote:

the only verizon phones that we have that contain a sim are the ones designated as world phones. The domestic only versions do not have sim slots. for example the verizon Iphone 4S has a sim slot that can only be unlocked for international use, verizon will not unlock it for domestic use, where as by agreement the iphone 5 is already unlocked for domestic and international use

youngjm wrote:

the only verizon phones that we have that contain a sim are the ones designated as world phones. The domestic only versions do not have sim slots. for example the verizon Iphone 4S has a sim slot that can only be unlocked for international use, verizon will not unlock it for domestic use, where as by agreement the iphone 5 is already unlocked for domestic and international use

[ Edited ]
9 of 10 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 9:48:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Another advantage of using SIM cards is that you can quickly and easily switch your phone, provided that you have the right size SIM card. Even if the sizes are different, there are adapters available to use the SIM in a different phone.

Like Apple, AT&T has decided to "think different." Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Another advantage of using SIM cards is that you can quickly and easily switch your phone, provided that you have the right size SIM card. Even if the sizes are different, there are adapters available to use the SIM in a different phone.

Like Apple, AT&T has decided to "think different." Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 10 (647 Views)